We named our son Jagger...thoughts?

"The name Finn is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Finn is: Fair. Mythology; Finn Mac Cumhail was legendary Irish 3rd century hero similar to the English Robin Hood."

Who cares what it means in Irish?

It's like naming your baby Dork then pretending it doesn't mean dork because in Nepalese it means pretty.

I named my puppy Duke Nukem. You should have named your kid after my puppy.

It's like naming your baby Dork then pretending it doesn't mean dork because in Nepalese it means pretty.

Maybe I care because i'm part Irish? Finn is a hugely popular name in Ireland. Although it can be spelt Finbarr if you want to go full Irish, Finn is just a shorter version of it.

I like your style; you know that kids need beating, but are too lazy to do it your self.

Yeah, seriously. It's of Irish origin.

Yet it means "Finnish person".

No, it doesn't actually.

Finn

[fin]

Spell Syllables

noun
a native or inhabitant of Finland.

any native speaker of Finnish.

a native speaker of any Finnic language.

"The name Finn is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Finn is: Fair. Mythology; Finn Mac Cumhail was legendary Irish 3rd century hero similar to the English Robin Hood."

RNUbtSZ.gif

Pronounced like Mick Jagger's last name

Jag-er

So many nickname possibilities

J, Jags, Jag, Jaggy, Jax, Jaggerbomb

I honestly don't understand why anyone would name a kid something, knowing they will refer to said child by a nick name.

I had friends who named their son Bencic. They call him ben. They put ben on everything. Well then why didn't you just name him ben?

He's gonna get clowned and called Jag-off in school. You blew it.

man I burst out laughing. That's perfect. It's going to take his 12 year old buddies about 10 minutes to come up with that one.

Jagger reminds me of Mick Jagger, and it just makes me think you wanted the kid to be cool a little too hard.
I personally have an old, not so cool sounding name, and wished I was named something normal growing up. Now I don't care, but kids are deuchebags.
Also, I don't see what's wrong with Declan, that's an old Irish name.

Also, I don't see what's wrong with Declan, that's an old Irish name.

You're condemning your child to a lifetime of pretending to be Irish bro

Douche move.

My future son will refer to your son as "Jag-off" and hopefully steal his lunch money.

i would never use that name

but it's not my kid, if you're happy then that's great for you

its your kid, so who cares what us random intraweb people think lol

I love it, Jim. That's actually my son's name.

Although we are raising him to identify as an African-American and call him Jagga for short.

respek

also respect for checking your privilege and not assuming he wants to identify as jagger

Through elementary school, he's going to hear "Moves Like Jagger" a lot. Then he'll hit middle school, where he will get called "Jagg Off" a lot. Finally, he'll hit high school, where he'll hear "Jaggerbomb" or "Jaggermeister" plenty.

Back