We named our son Jagger...thoughts?

Better than some boring unorginal name shared by millions, or those girly ass names boys are getting stuck with now.

Hayden, Brayden, Cayden, Aiden, Jaden...

Ehhh, Jagger still falls safely into the "Child of White Yuppie Couple" category. Anything ending in -er basically.

Jagger, Hunter, Piper, Tanner, Conner, Skyler, Tyler.

Ehhh, Jagger still falls safely into the "Child of White Yuppie Couple" category. Anything ending in -er basically.

Jagger, Hunter, Piper, Tanner, Conner, Skyler, Tyler.

Pfft, Tyler definitely doesn't fit with those other names.

Pfft, Tyler definitely doesn't fit with those other names.

It's the elder statesmen of those names because it's been around longer but it still fits, IMO. I see lots of little kids with it.

Though the larger trend is to give kids traditional surnames as first names. Austin, Carter, Reagan.

It's the elder statesmen of those names because it's been around longer but it still fits, IMO. I see lots of little kids with it.

For sure. It was a lot more popular in the 90's (with kids) than it is now though.

I don't want to say anything rude, but I don't like it.

Not gonna lie. Don't like it, but you do so fuck me and my Limey opinion

Last edited:
I don't want to say anything rude, but I don't like it.

That's ok. I asked for honest feedback. My wife and I like the name and that's all that matters. I thought it would be fun to bounce this name of the berry and see what the pulse of the forum was.

Does Jagger have any significance to you or your girl? Is it an ethnic name? Someone in the family have the name in the past? I'm a traditional name sort of person so truth be told if there is no significance to the name then I find it odd.

A obscure name doesn't make the child stand out in a crowd. Parenting and personality does. I want my daughter to be special because of who she is and what she can do. Not because she has a cool name.

Not at all. We were considering Robert after my father or William as we have many family members with that name. We may go down the traditional route with the next boy. Our girl names were Annabelle, Ivy, aria and Natalie. Naming children is really fun.

Does he have a big mouth? That's the initial thought from guys my generation.

Your son's generation will probably have no idea what I'm talking about though.

I wouldn't say I like it as such, but it's definitely not as bad as some of the 'unusual' names people call kids.

If people really want to give their kid a unique name, I don't know why they don't use Adolf because that's really died out.

Jagger, as in Mick Jagger? Not a name I'd ever choose, but there's worse out there.

a woman i used to work with named her baby son Jagger.

at first I was like that's stupid...seconds later I was like you have like a bevvy of nicknames he can go by that are either A. awesome or B. hilarious

Jag
Jaggermeister
Jagoff
Yagster
jaggerbomb
dagger

and if he never shuts up you can call him Jaggermouth, or daggermouth and if you have other children you can name one Boom-Boom

Back