We named our son Jagger...thoughts?

The boy was born on January 10 and after months of trying to figure out a name we agreed on Jagger on Tuesday. So far the reviews have been polarized. Either people love it or hate it and by hate it have said " That's different", "Ohhh Jagger?" "What will people really call him?", etc

I personally think this is a super cool name without crossing into the realm of sunflower sniffing hipster hippie names EG Moonbeam, Jupiter, etc

What does the berry think of this name?
Jagger is the kind of name shady characters in TV shows have

I like Jupiter better but I wouldn't use either.

EDIT: Jupiter would be a terrible name for a boy, its much more of a girl's name IMO so Jagger>Jupiter for a boy at least.

I understand the desire to give your child a unique name but I also think there's something to be said for names that are raise few eye brows and are easy to pronounce. I have an ethnic name and sometimes it can be annoying to have to correct people numerous times. I can't get mad at them, its a name they've never encountered before from a foreign culture, but its still annoying at times.

If I ever have kids I'd likely give them somewhat normal first names but a much less common middle name. That way he has a normal name to interact with people on a daily basis but if he so chooses he can whip out that cool middle name. If he hates it he can keep it to himself.

Thoughts? Only enormous jerk-offs name their kid Jagger. You should have called him Raymond Luxury Yacht, then told everyone that it's actually pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.

After the Maroon 5 song I'm sure there's gonna be a bunch of kids called that but they won't all have the moves.

I am a teacher. I know how cruel kids can be. Good rule of thumb: consider what words rhyme with the name you are choosing. Based on that, things could be ugly in his future.

Personally, I don't like unusual names for the sake of unusual. Names are more important than people think. I think everyone should have a formal, nice, traditional name. Am I lame you ask, maybe, but there is a method to me lameness. First off, if your kid turns out to be a kid that needs an unusual name, hell find one in the form of a nickname. What he can't do, is turn his unusual name into a formal one. All my kids have long, formal names but at this point have nicknames that most people call them by or an abbreviated version of their name. They are also versatile and can go from very formal to casual depending on the use.

he's going to get called jigger my n word

Congrats on your kid, but i think his name sounds ridiculous. People are just forcing themselves to find the most ridiculous original names now.

Have you heard about the Boston strangler? Honey it's not one of those.

Better than some boring unorginal name shared by millions, or those girly ass names boys are getting stuck with now.

Hayden, Brayden, Cayden, Aiden, Jaden...

Anyways, Congrats Pal.

^This! My wife is 5 months pregnant. I told her if it's a boy that this pansy, overplayed Aidan-offshoot shit is off the table.

I am a teacher. I know how cruel kids can be. Good rule of thumb: consider what words rhyme with the name you are choosing. Based on that, things could be ugly in his future.

Jagger will have to touch them with teh jab if that happens. Jagger Bomb!

Back