We just witnessed the number 6 ranked HW lose due to TKO via cardio

Great promo for flyweights.

Should fucking cut the HW division. Stipe has already knocked everyone out, Cain can't fight, JDS is done, Hunt is 43, Derrick retired, only prospect left right now is Ngannou.

Scrap it. Put that money into men's and women's flyweight.

Yeah, but this had tension from the get go. You know something can change in a split second.

I don't really get why people are comparing the two divisions. yeah Lewis looked sloppy, but even with his bad back and gas tank, it would still be impossible for MM to beat him outside of running away for 5 rounds.

USADA brought us to this. shame!

Why is everyone hating? Beast won the first two rounds and he ate a few shots from Mark hunt. Mark fucking walk off ko I just killed you with one shot hunt. I love that guy. But beast dished it right back out hard for 2 and a half rounds until he got tired. Hunt never shakes hands and her respected the guy and so should you

coming in kind of late. Just watched fight and just saw this thread. NO NO NO, Lewis did not lose to gassing! He got his ass whipped. He took some nasty shots and his body was probably wracked with hurt'nness. Yeah he was gassing too but DL got beat tonight with Hunts fists, not with KFC drumsticks.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this kind of thing had something to do with Lewis gassing so hard

7EBVsTH.gif

You'd think there would be a somewhat size-able talent pool of 200+ lb men, looking to become the UFC heavyweight champion.

Guess not.

Most of those guys can cut to 205, those that can't generally can't handle fight levels of cardio due to their size, there are some who can but in a division where one punch can end it all, most of those who were on the up have likely already suffered multiple concussions which ends a lot of careers before they even get started.

Heavyweight and lightweight?

Only 3 fights back the current LW champ (and supposed p4p no 1) was fully prepared and had no weight cut when he quit in the second round vs a guy who 10 days notice.

He himself blamed cardio.

DERRICK LEWIS had twice the cardio of the lw champ.

Not sure why people are latching onto this back excuse so quickly. Lewis looked the same way he always does. If anything, he was moving better than usual. I was surprised by the number of head kicks he got off. Dude was even throwing jumping switch kicks.

He eats some elbows, leg kicks and body shots, then all of a sudden his back has been bad since 2011.

Hunt deceptively can wear opponents down by 1) absorbing heavy blows which consumes energy to throw 2) steady hard shots of his own which might not land fully flush both to head or body they will wear since requires strength to absorb to regain balance etc...

This makes Hunt effective on feet since he can absorb a lot and afford to trade even if he gets hit a bit more.

Hunt also paces himself at a rate he is comfortable. Good physical awareness.

Brock strategy among most effective, lay on him and pound. Might not knock him out but at least minimize his bombs from landing.

Is that what you said about FW when Conor panic wrestled Diaz?

There are a lot of contributing factors to that fight as to why Black Beast gassed even when they didn't look to do much. Mark Hunt does a lot of feints, he changes up his rhythm quite a bit and he was cutting off Lewis almost the entire fight. All these make you work and make you exert a considerable amount of energy. Hunt never allowed Lewis to set and always kept him on the edge. Hunt was trying to cut him off and back him up the octagon, and in turn Lewis would move and change directions every time he was nearing the cage, this also is tiring.

The whole fight was intense and Hunt's pressure seemed to have kept that tension tight the entire fight, again, that's another contributing factor. Top that all of with the strikes Hunt landed on Lewis and you can start to realize it's less about Lewis cardio (Although it is a part of that as well) that made him gas, but more about Hunt's game and how he was able to implement it and how deceptively tiring that fight was.

There are a lot of contributing factors to that fight as to why Black Beast gassed even when they didn't look to do much. Mark Hunt does a lot of feints, he changes up his rhythm quite a bit and he was cutting off Lewis almost the entire fight. All these make you work and make you exert a considerable amount of energy. Hunt never allowed Lewis to set and always kept him on the edge. Hunt was trying to cut him off and back him up the octagon, and in turn Lewis would move and change directions every time he was nearing the cage, this also is tiring.

The whole fight was intense and Hunt's pressure seemed to have kept that tension tight the entire fight, again, that's another contributing factor. Top that all of with the strikes Hunt landed on Lewis and you can start to realize it's less about Lewis cardio (Although it is a part of that as well) that made him gas, but more about Hunt's game and how he was able to implement it and how deceptively tiring that fight was.
That feeling when you see a post summing it up perfectly
tgTVyjS.gif

Not just cardio though. His technique is awful. I mean, people ripped the ladies on having poor technique, but Derrick Lewis is something else.

Terrible hand positions. Terrible cage awareness. Terrible takedowns. He basically only has power.

And yet he still was able to land punches and kicks on a kickboxing champion and supposed elite striker.

Either Hunt isn't very good, or Lewis is a decent striker.

That feeling when you see a post summing it up perfectly
tgTVyjS.gif

Sweet gif Pete! You seem to have a Mark Hunt response gif for almost all occasions. Impressive.

Sweet gif Pete! You seem to have a Mark Hunt response gif for almost all occasions. Impressive.
My Hunto imgur album is somewhere near 120, and probably 2/3 of those i've made myself lol

Back