We just witnessed the number 6 ranked HW lose due to TKO via cardio

Not just cardio though. His technique is awful. I mean, people ripped the ladies on having poor technique, but Derrick Lewis is something else.

Terrible hand positions. Terrible cage awareness. Terrible takedowns. He basically only has power.

The HW division in a nutshell minus like 3-4 guys lol

Mark Hunt is smart using just his pressure to exhaust Derrick Lewis. HW and LW is barely alive. UFC fucked up by making a TUF for low tier welterweights instead of making a show for HW and LW. Even if they put truck drivers and former football players who gives a fuck it's HW and LW they will knock each other out!!!

By knocking each other out you mean a draw because neither one can continue due to cardio issues. Then yes.

Zulu > Lewis

Actually they might be the same person.
tenor.gif

was with you until he said he hurt his back

that probably was a big contribution, especially explains putting his hands on his hips and straightening is back out

he was gassed but i rewinded and it really did look like his back hurt, after mark hit him, he took a weird move/step and grimaced then thats when he started covering up

he hurt his back in 2011 not now... he wanted to say that if he didn't hurt his back 6 years ago he would have been much better

he hurt his back in 2011 not now... he wanted to say that if he didn't hurt his back 6 years ago he would have been much better

He said it's a lingering issue and that it bothered him this week

It's probably a chronic issue and he hurt it again during the fight

Best HW in MMA is not even in UFC!, Minakov

This.

You could see him grimace, we all thought it was his leg that was damaged but he clarified it was his lower back, an injury he's had for some years apparently. What should be more disconcerting is that Mark Hunt didn't know how to hurt a guy who was incapable of fighting. He started throwing elbows to his back?

Love Hunto and all due respect to Lewis, he's clearly out there putting it on the line - but the skill level at heavyweight is just abysmal. It's crazy that these are top 10 fighters.

The gap in skill and athleticism from from divisions like 155/170 is just ridiculous. It's hard to believe they are in the same league.

You try taking leg kicks or Body shots or elbows to the head from Hunt. Hunt just knew he would be gassed too if he went crazy looking for the finish and rightfully still cautious about getting hit with a haymaker which is all he had left. He controlled the cage and cut off and cut off and picked away. As a Hunt fan im happy he stayed patient.

Great promo for flyweights.

Should fucking cut the HW division. Stipe has already knocked everyone out, Cain can't fight, JDS is done, Hunt is 43, Derrick retired, only prospect left right now is Ngannou.

Scrap it. Put that money into men's and women's flyweight.

Mark Hunt is smart using just his pressure to exhaust Derrick Lewis. HW and LW is barely alive. UFC fucked up by making a TUF for low tier welterweights instead of making a show for HW and LW. Even if they put truck drivers and former football players who gives a fuck it's HW and LW they will knock each other out!!!
Yeh these last few TUF series are all for midgets and women. We need some big dudes in the UFC. They need a LHW/HW or all HW season next time around

This is why I never agreed with Dana's "baddest man on the planet" statements...I think the UFC needs to get Blagoi and MInakov in the UFC to even find out who the baddest HW in MMA is. There is no reason for the flagship division to be in such a decrepit state with heavyweights languishing in other organizations who are less used up and in somewhat better shape.

The only worse division in MMA is HW at Bellator.

Heavyweights need to get fit. Its that simple.

Lewis never cared infact im pretty sure hes just here to collect some paychecks.

Lewis was never even remotely close to being a top 10 fighter in reality though.

There's a clear difference between the top 5 guys and the rest. I count Stipe, Cain, Werdum, JDS and Overeem as legit skilled athletes. With Ngannou we dont really know yet but he's a great athlete for sure. I never thought Lewis had anything but that cheeto power to bring and I'm kinda happy we got that confirmed. I don't think there's anything interesting with those swangin' and bangin' type of brawls as long as they're at Lewis-level technique. To me it doesnt sell the sport very well.

I assume you mean LHW. That division kinda took a turn in a positive way the last couple of weeks and suddenly there are quite many fights to make. JBJ, DC, Gus all have to go again. Then there's Manuwa, Oezdemir. Cirkunov is a fight or two from top 5 and we saw Cutelaba tonight who looked pretty vicious and is only 23 years old.

Heavyweight and lightweight?

Back