We have to give Shogun the respect he deserves not because he was extremely good in pride, but...

But he looked awful against Jones.. Which makes you wonder if Machida really was that good to begin with

He looked aweful against Coleman the 2nd time too coming off of an ACL surgery, I think he looked better than against Jones afterwards but never as good as vs Machida as the speed/mobility never recovered.

Ironically I think the Coleman fight worked in his favour, Dana saw that as weakness and booked him against Chuck thinking Liddel could get a comeback win.

He beat Lyoto twice. He would've been the LHW GOAT if he didn't have so many injuries.

Still has 1 of the best resumes in LHW history
Won the biggest Pride GP defeating Prime Rampage, Prime Lil Nog, Prime Overeem, and Prime Arona.
Won the LHW UFC title defeating Machida
He had the greatest fight in mma history imo with Hendo in a fight where he had 4 more TDs and landed 19 more strikes along with 6 more passes on the ground.
That was not prime Overeem lol

The 2005 MW GP made me a fan for life, all his accomplishments since have just further solidified that.

Finishing that GP the way he did, especially after Arona disrespected Saku and was feuding with Chute Boxe, that was it for me I was hooked

Shogun was great but he also proved that he was apart of the obvious PEDs oin Pride when he barely beat an old Mark Coleman and lost to Forrest.

Back