We have to give Shogun the respect he deserves not because he was extremely good in pride, but...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Because he torched the incredible Dragon at a time when he really looked invincible and Rua came along and solved the riddle and actually made Machida very beatable and that by itself is an amazing feat! Do u agree?

He beat Lyoto twice. He would've been the LHW GOAT if he didn't have so many injuries.

Still has 1 of the best resumes in LHW history
Won the biggest Pride GP defeating Prime Rampage, Prime Lil Nog, Prime Overeem, and Prime Arona.
Won the LHW UFC title defeating Machida
He had the greatest fight in mma history imo with Hendo in a fight where he had 4 more TDs and landed 19 more strikes along with 6 more passes on the ground.

Amazing career one of the best to ever fight. I was never big Shogun fan always thought he was a little overrated personally but over the years my views have changed. I appreciate him more now and everything he’s done for the sport of MMA. It be sad day when he retires.

Never seen much hate for Shogun on Sherdog. Just a couple of trolls here and there.

All respect and well deserved for a legend.

No matter what Shogun did or what injuries he may have never had, he would've been killed by Jones regardless. That said, Shogun was a god among men within his generation of fighters.

Because he torched the incredible Dragon at a time when he really looked invincible and Rua came along and solved the riddle and actually made Machida very beatable and that by itself is an amazing feat! Do u agree?

Mauricio Shogun Rua should be respected because he is the 2nd most accomplished LHW fighter in the history of the sport.

His GP win and figuring out Machida are both amazing accomplishments.

The reasons to respect Goatgun are innumerable.
The tap and tko combo against Jones exposed him as a quitting coward, amirite “Lil guy” Sweaters?

<JonesDXSuckIt>
Light work.

I’m reality we should respect Shogun for his whole career. Still one of the best fighters from his era.

Back