We had Corona virus way before it became a pandemic!

Or the test could just be false positive, or tested a common cold corona virus as it. Hard to imagine the virus being in the Balkans in December.
It's only hard to imagine if you believe China's first case to be in December per China.

This is true. The first known case in China isn't necessarily their first known case, just the one they settled on telling the world about.
And only came clean about it because their hand was forced. Without whistle blowers they'd still be playing innocent I bet.

Might it be a case of inaccurate testing? Also coronavirus has been around for a long time, since the flu has been around, right? Covid-19 is being called the "disease" one gets from a particular strain of coronavirus...

Running theory now is it may not have started with a jump from a bat, but had jumped to human previously, and there was a 'spark' or several of them (likely mutations) that made it COVID-19. That doesn't mean all these stories about it being in other countries months earlier are correct though, for the most part they aren't very parsimonious. If it was anywhere near as transmissible and near as deadly as it is now, it wouldn't have gone unnoticed.

I live currently in North Macedonia, a small east European country (2 million population). Our first official case was on March 7th and so far we have 760 confirmed cases with 34 deaths. Measures have been taken from March 10th and the country is in full lock down from last week.

The story got interesting yesterday when they found a couple dead in their apartment four months after they had passed. Both are positive on corona virus. The ministry of health confirmed we might have had this corona virus in our country since December of 2019. It's not a surprise now why our "flu" season in January and February was terrible with an unprecedented death toll.
Same story in California.

China owes the world reparations. I hope we sanction the hell out of them.

Yeah I am aware of that 17th November date. It's still enough time for the virus to spread to here in two months.

But 1st known case isn't necessarily 1st real case. Maybe this virus was spreading even earlier than November in China.
No shit sherlock, 1st confirmed case is bogus as it obviously floated undetected as its new virus

I live currently in North Macedonia, a small east European country (2 million population). Our first official case was on March 7th and so far we have 760 confirmed cases with 34 deaths. Measures have been taken from March 10th and the country is in full lock down from last week.

The story got interesting yesterday when they found a couple dead in their apartment four months after they had passed. Both are positive on corona virus. The ministry of health confirmed we might have had this corona virus in our country since December of 2019. It's not a surprise now why our "flu" season in January and February was terrible with an unprecedented death toll.

Don’t say that, this is a catastrophic extinction event that just arrived from bat eating Chinese people.

2017-2018 season was the worst on record with 80,000 US deaths. 100M+ infected, 28M confirmed at a doctor, 2M hospitalized, something along those lines were the CDC numbers I saw just recently. I had no idea that even was the worst year on record until this Wuhan Chinese Flu came up and I was looking.

It was a bad year, but I think you overshot the estimates here.

2017-2018: 60,000 deaths, 45 million sick, 21 million seeing a doctor, 810,000 hospitalized.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htm

I'm almost certain I had that shit right at the beginning of the year. I've never been sick like that in my life. It wasn't a week after I got well I started hearing about this corona bullshit.

It was a bad year, but I think you overshot the estimates here.

2017-2018: 60,000 deaths, 45 million sick, 21 million seeing a doctor, 810,000 hospitalized.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htm
No, my link was from the CDC. Posted in another thread, even. More than once. 80,000 dead. It was the highest year on record. And it was that recent. I'll go look, but unless they have taken it down or "adjusted" their numbers, mine were correct. Your numbers indicate a fairly normal year, not the worst on record. Totally normal numbers that you have posted. So let's note that and we have what, 1.7M worldwide who have contracted coronavirus? But the year you show has 21M confirmed at a doctor, US alone. For flu. Anyway, let me take a peek but the record season (which was very recent) had 80,000 US deaths. Again, 60,000 falls within the "normal" range. The numbers you posted are unremarkable for any year, in other words.

No, my link was from the CDC. Posted in another thread, even. More than once. 80,000 dead. It was the highest year on record. And it was that recent. I'll go look, but unless they have taken it down or "adjusted" their numbers, mine were correct. Your numbers indicate a fairly normal year, not the worst on record. Totally normal numbers that you have posted. So let's note that and we have what, 1.7M worldwide who have contracted coronavirus? But the year you show has 21M confirmed at a doctor, US alone. For flu. Anyway, let me take a peek but the record season (which was very recent) had 80,000 US deaths. Again, 60,000 falls within the "normal" range. The numbers you posted are unremarkable for any year, in other words.

I mean, I provided the CDC link. I sourced my numbers within the post in which I quoted the numbers.

I've suspect that to be the case myself.

Read this morning too that the governor of Florida believes many more Floridians had been infected with the Wuhan virus but had mild symptoms before alarm bells went off about it being a concern.

Patient Zero may well have been a lab worker at a Wuhan virology lab. I dismissed this theory at the beginning, but after seeing more evidence, this is a viable alternative to the standard theory the virus jumped to a person possibly from a pangolin.
Links? The PhDs I've come across on twitter unanimously dismiss it, using strong phrasing like conspiracy theory.

They seem pretty confident and not being a PhD virologist or epidemiologist I'm going to defer to their trainning

Links? The PhDs I've come across on twitter unanimously dismiss it, using strong phrasing like conspiracy theory.

They seem pretty confident and not being a PhD virologist or epidemiologist I'm going to defer to their trainning

This guy only brings up publickly available information posted by the Wuhan virology lab and a professor at the South China University of Technology.

Screengrab from video

--

The UK government's COBRA committee meeting relating to the Virus says that an escape from the Wuhan labs can't be ruled out.

Wuhan lab virus leak ‘no longer discounted’: Cobra

Latest UK intelligence suggests there is a credible alternative view to the theory that the virus came from animals

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/wuhan-lab-virus-leak-no-longer-discounted-cobra/

I mean, I provided the CDC link. I sourced my numbers within the post in which I quoted the numbers.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm telling you I posted a CDC link within the last couple weeks that sourced mine. It was 80,000+ dead, worst year on record. Made this virus look like nothing. Here is a September 2018 CNN piece that shows 80,000+ dead FROM THE CDC. Which is what they (CDC) still showed a couple weeks back. On their (CDC) own website/link. Interesting that the CDC is adjusting their numbers over the last couple weeks, is it not?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html
And several things at the time (2018) noted that the numbers would only go up if they were to be revised, there would be no downward movement this year (referring to 2017/2018 season) because it was so bad. Strange.
The link I was going from was easy to find at that time. It was one of the first links that popped up when searching the flu. You can tell your numbers are fucked up. I realize you're getting them from the CDC but previously when I was looking, it literally said/spelled out that 4 or 5 will not go to the doctor for every one that does and that's why they estimated up to 100M had it that season. Well over 1M+ hospitalizations. Now, yours show that 50%(ish) of people who get the flu also went to the doc? Do you believe that? Because it's simply not true. Never has been. Anyone with a brain in their head knows that. Not that you don't have a brain in your head, but well over 50% of people with the flu DO NOT go to the doctor. Several times that many.
I thought 4 not going for every one that does was fair but probably could still be higher yet---when I saw the original stats. The page was formatted differently as well. It was on the CDC website. I'm still looking, but I don't see it. Strange. 60,000 would be within the normal range and completely unremarkable. Certainly not the highest ever recorded, either. Very strange.

This could be spreading since November, my colleagues mother in Poland had a bad case of pneumonia early December but recovered.

Back