We had Corona virus way before it became a pandemic!

Badr Hari

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I live currently in North Macedonia, a small east European country (2 million population). Our first official case was on March 7th and so far we have 760 confirmed cases with 34 deaths. Measures have been taken from March 10th and the country is in full lock down from last week.

The story got interesting yesterday when they found a couple dead in their apartment four months after they had passed. Both are positive on corona virus. The ministry of health confirmed we might have had this corona virus in our country since December of 2019. It's not a surprise now why our "flu" season in January and February was terrible with an unprecedented death toll.

I live currently in North Macedonia, a small east European country (2 million population). Our first official case was on March 7th and so far we have 760 confirmed cases with 34 deaths. Measures have been taken from March 10th and the country is in full lock down from last week.

The story got interesting yesterday when they found a couple dead in their apartment four months after they had passed. Both are positive on corona virus. The ministry of health confirmed we might have had this corona virus in our country since December of 2019. It's not a surprise now why our "flu" season in January and February was terrible with an unprecedented death toll.

I read that story yesterday its depressing.

The old lady has a som who is mentally ill and it seems the son got it aswell and died.

I thought that was already a foregone conclusion but apparently it is not. Anyone still thinking this virus was not yet in Europe by late November just hasn't been following the story close enough. There were probably numerous "patient zeros" in different parts of Europe by the last week of November.

It seems like it was just last year or possibly 2018 or 2017 I can't remember but there were an unusual amount of deaths from the Flu, it was all over the news, kids were dying, it got REALLY bad like way worse than usual.

I thought that was already a foregone conclusion but apparently it is not. Anyone still thinking this virus was not yet in Europe by late November just hasn't been following the story close enough. There were probably numerous "patient zeros" in different parts of Europe by the last week of November.

I remember hearing doctors in Switzerland talk about a "weird, unusual" pneumonia in November/December of 2019.

One of the earliest cases in China was in November.

https://www.livescience.com/first-case-coronavirus-found.html
Even more news the US army identified it as a code black or something and stated it could create between 80,000 and 100,000 deaths and 80 million infected in 2020 in Jan 5 2020 when they produced the report. They went as far as saying there could be up to 300,000 hospitalized. Now they are saying it looks like a lower end of the actual number based on new data. Scary stuff yet just a flu goofs.

Yeah I am aware of that 17th November date. It's still enough time for the virus to spread to here in two months.

But 1st known case isn't necessarily 1st real case. Maybe this virus was spreading even earlier than November in China.
Patient Zero may well have been a lab worker at a Wuhan virology lab. I dismissed this theory at the beginning, but after seeing more evidence, this is a viable alternative to the standard theory the virus jumped to a person possibly from a pangolin.

s6aJPy9.gif

I remember hearing doctors in Switzerland talk about a "weird, unusual" pneumonia in November/December of 2019.

yeah it was already there by mid-November. Europe was was well and fricked months before the first known reported death on February 15th. Especially considering the dense population corridor running from Northern Italy to Britain. They were swimming in the virus before anyone even knew what it was.

They were swimming in the virus before anyone even knew what it was.

Yeah I don't think anyone knew what it was until those Wuhan doctors cracked it's genetic code. Not only there wasn't a testing mechanism before, it was also hard to suspect something like that because it doesn't manifest as a new illness. I remember we almost went for a one week shut down of schools in early February due to a highly contagious "bad flu". I work as a teacher and I remember I couldn't teach in one class due to coughing and sneezing even though 30 percent of the students were missing anyway (sick staying home). It's starting to make sense now.

It seems like it was just last year or possibly 2018 or 2017 I can't remember but there were an unusual amount of deaths from the Flu, it was all over the news, kids were dying, it got REALLY bad like way worse than usual.
2017-2018 season was the worst on record with 80,000 US deaths. 100M+ infected, 28M confirmed at a doctor, 2M hospitalized, something along those lines were the CDC numbers I saw just recently. I had no idea that even was the worst year on record until this Wuhan Chinese Flu came up and I was looking.
They closed a few schools for a Thursday/Friday or whatever. On an individual basis where there were a lot of infections/absences. Like they do each year when the flu is at its worst. But nothing along the lines of the (over) reaction here with COVID-19, obviously.
Again, I had no idea 2017 season was especially bad. Don't remember hearing anything about it at the time, even.

Unrelated, but why do Bulgarians have so much hatred for you Macedonians? I have a Bulgarian friend that talks incessantly about how much he hates Macedonians.

Unrelated, but why do Bulgarians have so much hatred for you Macedonians? I have a Bulgarian friend that talks incessantly about how much he hates Macedonians.

They consider many of the slavic people of North Macedonia as Bulgarians. Even historic personalities of North Macedonia like Dame Gruev and Pitu Guli are considered bulgarians by their government/academia. They feel like Yugoslavia stole something from them making this place more serbophilic after 1945. For example they consider the macedonian language as a dialect of the bulgarian.

Yeah I am aware of that 17th November date. It's still enough time for the virus to spread to here in two months.

But 1st known case isn't necessarily 1st real case. Maybe this virus was spreading even earlier than November in China.
This is true. The first known case in China isn't necessarily their first known case, just the one they settled on telling the world about.

They consider many of the slavic people of North Macedonia as Bulgarians. Even historic personalities of North Macedonia like Dame Gruev and Pitu Guli are considered bulgarians by their government/academia. They feel like Yugoslavia stole something from them making this place more serbophilic after 1945. For example they consider the macedonian language as a dialect of the bulgarian.
Thanks for the explanation. As this friend says, the Balkans are the largest dysfunctional family in the world.

Or the test could just be false positive, or tested a common cold corona virus as it. Hard to imagine the virus being in the Balkans in December.

Back