Elections we had a stage full of presidential hopefuls promising all sorts of tax-payer funded goodies

brody_in_ga

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In the U.S.A, it is illegal to buy votes. For obvious reasons, this is a good thing. But yet, we had a stage full of presidential hopefuls promising all sorts of tax-payer funded goodies last night. Education, healthcare, etc... One(Yang)even wants to give you $1000 a month! So tell me, how is this not essentially buying the vote? The only difference is the timing of the payout.

Discuss

And it's not like they are giving you anything. They only thing they can give you is something they have taken from you. How does that buy your support?

How do you make your dog stand up like that?

Yeah, dogs are awesome.

This is now a dog thread.

th

th

th

And it's not like they are giving you anything. They only thing they can give you is something they have taken from you. How does that buy your support?

There are lots of people they take nothing at all from. Tens of millions more that take plenty from us.

Thread title is misleading. It says nothing about dogs!

Promising to do anything besides stomping on your constituents testicles is actually a form of bribery if you really think about it.

I'll always remember my 5th grade student council elections. The kid who won promised vending machines, and a school store for snacks.

He won, we never got shit.

Banking on the collective low IQ of their voting block.
No platform to speak of other than orange man bad, so naturally they rely on cheap parlor room tricks.
Not that the Republicans are any better. How many years have they been pissing down are backs and telling us it's raining?
Fuck 'em, we need a REAL alternative to this two ring clown show.

We're getting a wall, and Mexico's gonna pay for it.

I'm gonna end the trade and budget deficits.

I'm gonna give you this great big tax cut.

It has nothing to do with the left. It has everything to do with TS not realizing that people are often dumb enough to think campaign promises will be fulfilled, no matter the content of the proposal.

The party who enacted this in Brazil some years after I moved in (I guess 2004? 5?), kept the power for 4 consecutive mandates, they only got thrown out after leading Brazil to a deep financial crisis where it's up to now. Up to now they still have plenty of followers in the poorest states in Brazil, even though whey never cared to actually improve Ceara's, Bahia's or Pernanbuco's life standards, as long as poor people is getting paid, you have their votes.

In fact during the last elections, where for the first time the equivalent of a republican got into presidency, still 43% of the electorate voted to reelect the candidate from that same party who broke it. Brazil doesn't have only 2 majors parties, they have 35 ones, cringeworthy.

We're getting a wall, and Mexico's gonna pay for it.

I'm gonna end the trade and budget deficits.

I'm gonna give you this great big tax cut.

It has nothing to do with the left. It has everything to do with TS not realizing that people are often dumb enough to think campaign promises will be fulfilled, no matter the content of the proposal.

The wall is being built.

Mexico has troops assisting on the border, they are paying something.

They delivered the tax and regulatory reform, Dow is at 27k.

Isis is silent.

He’s begun what will be a long fight against China on trade.

A quick reality check for you hillsadouche.

The wall is being built.

Mexico has troops assisting on the border, they are paying something.

They delivered the tax and regulatory reform, Dow is at 27k.

Isis is silent.

He’s begun what will be a long fight against China on trade.

A quick reality check for you hillsadouche.

Oh yeah, the wall he promised is certainly being built. It's not the same bollard fences at all, under a fake emergency declaration, stealing army funds from projects that will directly impact the lives of service families.

Lol at the "Mexico is contributing something"

Tax and regulatory reform. AHAHAHAHA!!! Yes, in the form of a massive tax cut that delivered none of the middle class benefits it was said to do, resulted in nowhere near the growth projected, and resulted in record stock buybacks in corporate America.

Our military leadership disagrees with your assessment on ISIS diametrically.

He's begun a fight without knowing how to fight, and is stupid enough to get into a trade war with a communist dictatorship that has ways to remediate the effects of the trade war that we simply don't.

Much win.

Oh yeah, the wall he promised is certainly being built. It's not the same bollard fences at all, under a fake emergency declaration, stealing army funds from projects that will directly impact the lives of service families.

Lol at the "Mexico is contributing something"

Tax and regulatory reform. AHAHAHAHA!!! Yes, in the form of a massive tax cut that delivered none of the middle class benefits it was said to do, resulted in nowhere near the growth projected, and resulted in record stock buybacks in corporate America.

Our military leadership disagrees with your assessment on ISIS diametrically.

He's begun a fight without knowing how to fight, and is stupid enough to get into a trade war with a communist dictatorship that has ways to remediate the effects of the trade war that we simply don't.

Much win.

You’ll see in 2020 when trump wins.

<seedat>

In the U.S.A, it is illegal to buy votes. For obvious reasons, this is a good thing. But yet, we had a stage full of presidential hopefuls promising all sorts of tax-payer funded goodies last night. Education, healthcare, etc... One(Yang)even wants to give you $1000 a month! So tell me, how is this not essentially buying the vote? The only difference is the timing of the payout.

Discuss
They spent the entire debate pandering to illegals and criminals. You think they care about the rule of law?

You’ll see in 2020 when trump wins.

<seedat>

He still won't get anything from congress for his 500 mile wall that Mexico's gonna pay for, he's not going to reform the financial sector for anyone but the people he already has, the hyper rich, his policy is still going to be absent a plan, and he'll be sure to claim victory against China after fucking over the economy, and his policies are proven to have no rational than "Brian Kilmeade and Ainsley Earhardt said it was a good idea!!!"

But hey, let's say he gets reelected, just think of his cabinet in 2023.
boardroomshenanigans.png

"I've got the best chimps. Their dna has a 3% growth rate. Not a lot of people know that. Incredible. Look at that guy's shoulders. Really strong, really big!"

Back