We got lucky when edgar got robbed

gorillapimp69

White Belt
Reaction score
..against henderson. Im finally seeing it. I was super depressed for Frankie at first but now we get the edgar vs aldo fight. Which wouldn't have happened any other way. I don't see the champ in either the LW or FW division relinquishing their belts to fight each other but now we get to see the worlds best LW vs the worlds best FW. I'll bet we see these 2 rematch each other at 155 before the end of their careers.

Here here, TS.

I live a world where it's all about me and what i want, not the glory, validation or payment of the man out there laying his ass on the line.

Thank fuck I got something out of this.

Here here, TS.

I live a world where it's all about me and what i want, not the glory, validation or payment of the man out there laying his ass on the line.

well look at you mr self righteous.

I doubt anyone here knows frankie edgar and really gives a fuck about him beyond the typical "I hope he's well" sort of way.

There's a dirty little secret about sports that most people don't want to admit but I'll tell you anyway:
There are ENTERTAINMENT. Just like movies and video games. SPECTATOR Sports only exist because of the spectators. So poor little guy who's laying it all on the line only has a job because we buy the product.

outside of maybe the olympics there are no sports that would exist if people stopped watching. They exist for our pleasure. :icon_twis

well look at you mr self righteous.

I doubt anyone here knows frankie edgar and really gives a fuck about him beyond the typical "I hope he's well" sort of way.

There's a dirty little secret about sports that most people don't want to admit but I'll tell you anyway:
There are ENTERTAINMENT. Just like movies and video games. SPECTATOR Sports only exist because of the spectators. So poor little guy who's laying it all on the line only has a job because we buy the product.

outside of maybe the olympics there are no sports that would exist if people stopped watching. They exist for our pleasure. :icon_twis

Yes, it's all entertainment, so i don't give a shit what happens to anyone.

Lesnar could die in a car accident and all you'd care about is that he can't entertain you anymore, right?
You don't have to answer that, because i know the answer and know how full of shit the post i'm responding to is.

And you just care about ENTERTAINMENT, which is why you go on twitter and talk shit to fighters.

Keep at your WWE Fantasies, Nathan.

Lesnar could die in a car accident and all you'd care about is that he can't entertain you anymore, right?
You don't have to answer that, because i know the answer and know how full of shit the post i'm responding to is.

And you just care about ENTERTAINMENT, which is why you go on twitter and talk shit to fighters.

why do you think I care so much about brock lesnar the person? Because I was such a fan of his fighting?

you do realize i'm way more of a GSP fan but if he retires, I don't really give two shits what happens to him either.

I'm here to watch fights speet

why do you think I care so much about brock lesnar the person? Because I was such a fan of his fighting?

you do realize i'm way more of a GSP fan but if he retires, I don't really give two shits what happens to him either.

I'm here to watch fights speet

So am i.
I still care about who is fighting in certain situations, and i'm not enough of an ass to pretend otherwise.

You care what happens to your favorites. Pretending otherwise is just asinine.

People are talking about superfights,

THIS IS a super fight

I still think Frankie Edgar is one of the most underrated champions only because he doesnt finish his fights. He is technically sound and has zero weaknesses

As far as fighters well being goes i'd say most people care...but if a fighter isn't your favorite and he loses a close decision i;d say most people don't give two shits. I'm happy Frankie lost because i personally didn't think he deserved a rematch anyways and it freed up the LW title picture and made FW more interesting

So am i.
I still care about who is fighting in certain situations, and i'm not enough of an ass to pretend otherwise.

You care what happens to your favorites. Pretending otherwise is just asinine.

I really don't think you get it. I care what happens to my favorites regarding their career. If GSP got hurt right now, I'd think "damn... his career is over.. that's such a waste"

the lesnar example you used earlier is interesting because... well his career is over, he's never going to fight again.

Now I'm not inhuman. I don't want anyone to die in a car accident, not even you (well... maybe, na j/k) but now that he's retired, he's just a person. Finding out he died, finding out michael jordan died, finding out Ali died (or anyone else who's days of entertaining me are over)

would simply get a "ahhh.. that's too bad" out of me, and then I'd move on within seconds.

Why? Because I don't know the man. My relationship to him is only as a fan of his fighting, now he's not fighting, so now I have no relationship to him (other than a little nostalgia)

It might be a little different with movie actors cause they could always come back to do one more role but athletes? once their career is over so is my concern (beyond the most basic human respect that I'd give anyone-- literally brock will get the same "ahh too bad" as "random lady #5235")

It is entertainment and for your example ya thats what they care about, we dont know these people they die we care for 2 weeks max and forget they ever existed. Its sad, but true. Shit even people we know die and we forget about them fairly soon.

EDIT: youre the 1 in a fanstasy acting like people actually care about whether people live or die. I know I dont want them to die, but doesnt really matter to me each way cuz it happens to everybody. For example Im a hugh Packers fan and dont want Rogers to die because he entertains me, if he was a back up it wouldnt really matter. Ya sounds cruel but its how humans are.

I really don't think you get it. I care what happens to my favorites regarding their career. If GSP got hurt right now, I'd think "damn... his career is over.. that's such a waste"

the lesnar example you used earlier is interesting because... well his career is over, he's never going to fight again.

Now I'm not inhuman. I don't want anyone to die in a car accident, not even you (well... maybe, na j/k) but now that he's retired, he's just a person. Finding out he died, finding out michael jordan died, finding out Ali died (or anyone else who's days of entertaining me are over)

would simply get a "ahhh.. that's too bad" out of me, and then I'd move on within seconds.

Why? Because I don't know the man. My relationship to him is only as a fan of his fighting, now he's not fighting, so now I have no relationship to him (other than a little nostalgia)

It might be a little different with movie actors cause they could always come back to do one more role but athletes? once their career is over so is my concern (beyond the most basic human respect that I'd give anyone-- literally brock will get the same "ahh too bad" as "random lady #5235")

And everything in my post that you had such an issue with was regarding careers.

Thank you, now go back to trolling fighters you don't care about on twitter

And everything in my post that you had such an issue with was regarding careers.

Thank you, now go back to trolling fighters you don't care about on twitter

then why did mention Brock? You know his career is over. So why would I care if he got in a car accident? (i mean.... beyond that 5 seconds of "ahh that sucks")

then why did mention Brock? You know his career is over. So why would I care if he got in a car accident? (i mean.... beyond that 5 seconds of "ahh that sucks")

I don't know, because i thought you were a human being, but obviously you're some super alpha robot.

Stay cool, Nate.
Don't let 'em change you.

It is entertainment and for your example ya thats what they care about, we dont know these people they die we care for 2 weeks max and forget they ever existed. Its sad, but true. Shit even people we know die and we forget about them fairly soon.

EDIT: youre the 1 in a fanstasy acting like people actually care about whether people live or die. I know I dont want them to die, but doesnt really matter to me each way cuz it happens to everybody. For example Im a hugh Packers fan and dont want Rogers to die because he entertains me, if he was a back up it wouldnt really matter. Ya sounds cruel but its how humans are.

this

even people who convince themselves that they DO care... don't really and will definitely forget within a couple of weeks

anyone who doesn't has some sort of emotional problems lol. cause it ain't normal to harp on someone else that you don't know for much time after they died.

we're just not programmed that way

I don't know, because i thought you were a human being, but obviously you're some super alpha robot.

Stay cool, Nate.
Don't let 'em change you.

shit...

like there's some fighter that you would weep for days over if they got in a car accident, AFTER they retired especially

like if you found out liddell or couture or fedor died, i'm sure you'll be beside yourself...

Here here, TS.

OK I get where you're coming from, but it could be good for Frankie too. If he wins against Aldo, he could very easily be catapulted into another shot at the LW belt given the lack of real competition at FW.

2 division champ status is something very few fighters have ever been lucky enough to fight for, and even fewer have ever obtained it.

Back