We forgot about Marlon Moreas.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
He was on point. The other Moreas he beat isn't a bad fighter, he looked pretty good too, just got a little outclassed by a more experienced guy. Marlon Moreas looks like the real deal at 135, and more importantly his defense looked better in this last fight against a good striker. He had some losses early on, but is on a great run. Should be around top 10 for sure.

He's def top 10 but the problem is who is he fighting? Beating prospects like Moraes adn Timur and the other guys he's fought in WSOF isnt gonna help him.

Fighting in number 3 org with 200k people watching, fighting prospects and guys without wiki pages. Only two real names he's fought are a washed up Torres and overrated Nam who had a fluke KO over Dantas which made his name and then vanished.

He's top 10 based on it being a thin div, being champ in WSOf and showing he is skilled and fun to watch but he's got to come prove it vs UFC BW or even Bellator BW.

But making 140k in WSOF its easy to see why he's sticking around, neither org is paying him that kind of money.

WOuld like to see him vs TJ, Cruz, Barao, Faber, Assuncao, Bibi, Warren, Galvao, Dantas, Caldwell.

Maybe WSOF can sign Silva since Bellator cut him.

What were you expecting? 10 threads about how he's the greatest of all time? He beat and overmatched opponent and made bank doing it. His defense was better but take into account not much was thrown. Circle, cirlce, right hook, left hook was basically the whole fight.

Hes certainly top 10 and deserves the money. Kudos to him. Would still like to see a step up in competition. Silva would be a good fight now.

Think he'll end up fighting Palmer at FW in a super fight at some point.

after Timur what does WSOF have?

Palmer atleast has Frodo to fight and Justin has Burley to fight but after that I think WSOF is gonna have to get creative and start doing champ vs champ fights to get interest.

Well, the Timur Valiev fight is probably in the top 5-10 of fights I want to see in any org at 135. So there is that. Timur looks like a killer, and he is on a 9 fight win streak. there isn't much after that, but something could pop up. If Timur wins, which he may, a rematch could take that title picture through the next 5-6 months, respectively.

What were you expecting? 10 threads about how he's the greatest of all time? He beat and overmatched opponent and made bank doing it. His defense was better but take into account not much was thrown. Circle, cirlce, right hook, left hook was basically the whole fight.

Hes certainly top 10 and deserves the money. Kudos to him. Would still like to see a step up in competition. Silva would be a good fight now.

He is probably ranked close to palhares and above Shields in his respective weight class.. So I would expect at least one thread. here it is.

He's making more money in WSOF than he would be in the UFC. That's the important thing at this point in his career.

I certainly think he's a top 10 bantamweight, along with Dantas and possibly even Warren or Galvao.

WSOF should sign Mike Wooten and eventually have Moraes beat everyone from TUF 18.

WSOF should sign Mike Wooten and eventually have Moraes beat everyone from TUF 18.

I still find it odd Wooten wasn't given a chance in the UFC coming off TUF.

He's 9-0, last fight was in December

He's pretty good. Can't see him keeping up with Dillashaw, Cruz or Faber but that's not really the point. He'd be top ten in the UFC imo.

He's pretty good. Can't see him keeping up with Dillashaw, Cruz or Faber but that's not really the point. He'd be top ten in the UFC imo.
Moraes would beat Faber. I feel pretty confident in that pick.

Thought you were talking about Ricardo Morais for a second.

35821.jpg

G-Assistir-nocaute-Alexander-Emelianenko-vs-Ricardo-Morais-no-Pride-Bushido-6.jpg

I think we forgot about him, too.

Thought you were talking about Ricardo Morais for a second.

35821.jpg

G-Assistir-nocaute-Alexander-Emelianenko-vs-Ricardo-Morais-no-Pride-Bushido-6.jpg

I think we forgot about him, too.

I didn't, bro,

If it was for a belt, Moreas would beat Faber. If no belt, I don't know. Of course I wouldn't pick him v Cruz or TJ.. Again, Timur Valiev is a legit opponent for anybody. There were times in Strikeforce when it seemed like there was only one good challenger at a given weight.. As long as there is one, there is still something to look foreword to. Valiev v Moreas is a great fight at 135.

Still better than Ralek Gracie.

"I won't stop boxing until I retire."

Profound words.

He's def top 10 but the problem is who is he fighting? Beating prospects like Moraes adn Timur and the other guys he's fought in WSOF isnt gonna help him.

Fighting in number 3 org with 200k people watching, fighting prospects and guys without wiki pages. Only two real names he's fought are a washed up Torres and overrated Nam who had a fluke KO over Dantas which made his name and then vanished.

He's top 10 based on it being a thin div, being champ in WSOf and showing he is skilled and fun to watch but he's got to come prove it vs UFC BW or even Bellator BW.

But making 140k in WSOF its easy to see why he's sticking around, neither org is paying him that kind of money.

WOuld like to see him vs TJ, Cruz, Barao, Faber, Assuncao, Bibi, Warren, Galvao, Dantas, Caldwell.

Maybe WSOF can sign Silva since Bellator cut him.

Talent wise sure, other than that I don't see how WSOF is #3. I would say UFC, Bellator, 1C, M1, KSW, WSOF, and than Road FC.

Back