We finally see why no one stands with Wonder Boy!

TWood landed TDs in both fights and basically was on top of Stephen for an entire round each fight. So no. Him standing later doesnt mean as much when Stephen was worried about the TD and already knew he couldnt get back up. Holland willingly let him back up multiple times in comparison.

His fight vs Maia is a example of a TW fight.

why are people surprised? he's been a good striker since forever.

42f1d8172d2552ac0f5922dbed1e8e82.gif

People forget after the Pettis ko. After 100 plus fights on kick boxing and mma combined. It's bound to occur. Pettis was legit before a decline.

Meh it was an even fight until Holland broke his hand.

Threat of a takedown changes everything.

Luque tried standing with Wonderboy and got battered just like Holland.

It was interesting to get to see Wonderboy in a pure striking scenario. It reminded me of his fights with Hendricks, Masvidal and Rory, and it was fun to see how goddamn good WB is again.

He looked sharp. He knew where the openings where and knew how to position himself, factoring in speed, distance (against a taller longer striker), timing, angles.

That was a masterclass.

WB is towards the end of his career. They should just book him with guys like Trinaldo, Leech and Muslim. Daniel Rod might be suitable but I think WB will work him.

After this fight more people will stand with him cause he had like 10 minutes of throwing stuff to put a guy out while opponent did nothing. Still didn't KO.
Speed over power. Something over something else. Conor McGregor.

Hollands hand got hurt from blocking those kicks ...

Wonderboys shots can put you out if it lands clean....but they're not made to knock people out in one shot....he breaks opponents apart...Whittaker was suppose to be the next big thing in welterweight until he ran through Wonderboy...I'd give wonderboy the edge vs. Leon in stand up too....

is that the last knockout of his you can recall? What year was that?

SAying he doesn’t have good or great power isn’t an insult. It is what it is. A great striker with not much power. It’s not a knock on him either.

Adasanya kod whitaker too and I wouldn’t say he’s a devastating puncher.
He hurt luque, wobbled geoff Neill so yeah, wonderboys punches hurt....

Darren Till and Anthony Pettis beat him

Yup his debut he cleaned one-shot KO'd this dude:

The hype was crazy until Matt Brown layed and prayed him in the next one hahaha

The UFC needs to do a stand-up only format like ONE just for wonderboy. <Moves><Moves>

The thing about clean head kicks is they often don't look as brutal as punches but they do more damage and there is no padding. I still think it is a miracle one of them didn't sleep Holland, especially they often came after a combo where he looked rocked. Some people can just take insane amounts of punishment.

If there’s no takedown threat then wonderboys slapping you around

mas, neal, luque, holland, pettis (until the insane ko)

the only outlier is till (who’s vast majority of fights are snoozefests anyways)

I was trying to find a standup matchup for WB at 170 and realized he's beaten nearly everyone at or near the top that has striking as a base save for Leon. Beat Luque, Masvidal, Neal, Holland. Is the Uzbeki fighter mainly a standup guy, could be a good fight?

Man some of those shots, especially the headkicks KO 95% of the division. I have no idea how he kept surviving the clean head kicks after a combo.
I disagree. A lot of those kicks were half blocked and just the foot landing. The spinning heel kick looked to land pretty clean and the hardest by far of all the kicks that I can remember. Now if those kicks landed and it was the shin and not the foot, the results would have been much different.

I disagree. A lot of those kicks were half blocked and just the foot landing. The spinning heel kick looked to land pretty clean and the hardest by far of all the kicks that I can remember. Now if those kicks landed and it was the shin and not the foot, the results would have been much different.

Hard enough they broke Holland's hand when he blocked.

Time for Wonderboy vs Conor

Conor can try to panic wrestle after Wonderboy embarrasses him on the feet for 2 rounds

lol this might be the only Conor fight I'd be interested in.

it’s both. Wonderboy definitely lacks power. His stoppages come from guys running into something out of frustration from getting beat by 1,000 little stabs.
Doesn’t mean he’s not a great striker but definitely doesn’t carry much power and never has
this dumbass again trying to tell us that wonderboy is pillow fisted. There an ample evidence that is false.

Back