We are witnessing history.

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's not pretty. It's pretty nuts. In the roughly 20 years that I've been watching MMA, I never thought I'd see the belts jump around like a hot potato across nearly every weight class. I'm honestly blown away. But at the same time, this has been a fun era to witness. This is historic.

And now I'm asking the same question I asked a while back. Who is going to be the next dominant champ? All we have left is MM and Joanna. We could've had Jones if he would keep himself together.

Only reason MM and Joanna have defended is because their weight classes are fucking terrible. They both get destroyed at the weight class above.

Actually it sucks, the title doesn't mean anything anymore.

Everyone is turning out to be false champions and/or cheaters.

I'd be more excited if the UFC moved over seas and allowed steroids.

Only reason MM and Joanna have defended is because their weight classes are fucking terrible. They both get destroyed at the weight class above.
Something like this and also part that MMA has plateaued in skill

Its cause the talent improved, there's no longer the big gap in talent during the Anderson/GSP era.

Robbie won the belt then defended it twice. I wouldn't exactly call that hot potato, he lost his third title defense.

DJ has defended his belt 8 times. Jon Jones has let his personal life destroy his career, but he's still undefeated in the Octagon.

RDA defended his belt, then lost his second defense.

Doesn't seem to me like its too crazy - and it should be expected people don't go on very long title runs when divisions like 155 and 170 have such incredible depth.

Last edited:
Really makes you appreciate those enormous runs from Silva and GSP.

Robbie won the belt then defended it twice. I wouldn't exactly call that hot potato, he lost his third title defense.

DJ has defended his belt 8 times. Jon Jones has let his personally life destroy his career, but he's still undefeated in the Octagon.

RDA defended his belt, then lost his second defense.

Doesn't seem to me like its too crazy - and it should be expected people don't go on very long title runs when divisions like 155 and 170 have such incredible depth.

Fair points. Even still, this year has seen a lot of champs lose their titles.

Robbie looked flat and deflated just like Aldo did against Conor .. Cream always rises to the top

More like match making. Contenders don't have to work their way up anymore

This can't be understated.

Match making in the UFC is basically run entirely on short term earnings at this point. Who knows what direction it will take under new ownership, I'm curious to see if it swings further towards entertainment.

You think JJ gets wrecked at 125? And MM who fought for a 135 title?

Great logic there troll account.

You think JJ gets wrecked at 125? And MM who fought for a 135 title?

Great logic there troll account.

TJ, Cruz both beat that manlets ass. and Joanna is fighting in the worst division in MMA's history.

CoohxqtVUAEsmxn.jpg

Dana is replacing Overeem

If you think aboit it, we are always witnessing history, cause it takes time for light to travel to yuor eye

Back