We are less than 2 years away from the Russian takeover of MMA being completed.

That does depend on the country. Last time I checked, it's about 600 million Africans online. Kenya, for example, has about 85% internet penetration - for comparison, America's is around 87%, so Kenya's not as far behind as some might think. Nigeria's around 75%, plus/minus. Here in South Africa, we get UFC as part of a common sports television package and following the fights has become pretty common (also, a lot cheaper for us to watch than it is for you guys with that PPV nonsense). My friend's 11-year-old just started training MMA last year; I started about ten years ago. I know other parts of Africa also get the UFC, but I'm not sure of the extent.
But it's certainly not an unknown here.

If you want an idea of how much Internet is in Africa, consider that there were pro-Trump rallies in Nigeria last year :D He's very popular in Africa.

Our biggest obstacle in the future will be the relative popularity of boxing and kickboxing.

That Trump part is pretty amazing.

I'm excited for the prospect of the Asian and African markets getting more heavily involved in MMA at the highest levels on a more extensive level.

Back