We are less than 2 years away from the Russian takeover of MMA being completed.

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
People who follow combat sports have known forever that Russians (and former Soviet states) dominate wrestling worldwide and that Sambo is full of absolute monsters. But these guys weren’t too well represented in MMA (Fedor is the notable exception). But then Khabib became famous and made mega millions and now these monsters are going into MMA. In two years I think the two biggest orgs (Bellator and UFC) could be 75% Russian/Soviet satellite state champs.

UFC: Ankalaev at 205, Khamzat at 170, Islam at 155, Evloev at 145, Yan at 135, Askarov at 125.

Bellator: Moldavsky at HW, Nemkov at 205, Amasov at 170, Usman Nurmagomedov at 155.

Obviously each of these guys won’t get the belt, but many of them will. And the thing is, there are only more and more of these guys coming. The Caucasus are a factory for Sambo and judo masters and it’s only speeding up in production. 2023 will be the year that there will be no debate that Russia is the best country for fighting in the world.

Oh god help us. This is the death rattle of the UFC.

Bellator has Magomed at 135 too. He only has a loss to Yan I think.

It's pretty stacked. I'm not sure US or Brazil can catch up.

I don't think Evloev is quite good enough to contend for the title personally, imo he'll peter out before he gets to the top 5, if he can get healthy Zabit is still more likely to get the FW title than him.

I don't think Evloev is quite good enough to contend for the title personally, imo he'll peter out before he gets to the top 5, if he can get healthy Zabit is still more likely to get the FW title than him.

hes the weakest of the ones I mentioned tbh. But he’s young and 15-0 so that just shows you how strong this group is lol. He has insane cardio though so he is still a problem for anyone at 145.

People who follow combat sports have known forever that Russians (and former Soviet states) dominate wrestling worldwide and that Sambo is full of absolute monsters. But these guys weren’t too well represented in MMA (Fedor is the notable exception). But then Khabib became famous and made mega millions and now these monsters are going into MMA. In two years I think the two biggest orgs (Bellator and UFC) could be 75% Russian/Soviet satellite state champs.

UFC: Ankalaev at 205, Khamzat at 170, Islam at 155, Evloev at 145, Yan at 135, Askarov at 125.

Bellator: Moldavsky at HW, Nemkov at 205, Amasov at 170, Usman Nurmagomedov at 155.

Obviously each of these guys won’t get the belt, but many of them will. And the thing is, there are only more and more of these guys coming. The Caucasus are a factory for Sambo and judo masters and it’s only speeding up in production. 2023 will be the year that there will be no debate that Russia is the best country for fighting in the world.

People don't realize that sambo is very submission heavy and they don't encourage stalling and wasting time. You must explode all the time and be athletic.

They also perserved the original judo which is wrestling heavy unlike modern judo...

They are going to be running shit for decades to come. Right now North America needs to fight the feminization of men.

speaking of Evloev, prospects and since Olympics is on i wish we could get his cousin (?) Musa Evloev to transition to MMA after he gets gold in greco tomorrow, dude's an absolute tank and would wreck 205
c18a3cee26c5337df9d42407221882a412c903a8.gifv

33489bbfc5c4b881674febfdba518a1c.png

I remember it was Brazil but now its Russia....ummmm...ok. The world is filled with good fighters.

It's been happening for a while now. PFL is flush with good Russian fighters too. Golstov, Isaev, Khaybulaev, Magomedkerimov, Radzhabov etc.

Watch larger Russian MMA shows (ACA, FNG etc) and you see how insane the talent level is in Russian MMA. I personally think Russia and it's satellite states not only produce top level talent at the same rate as the US but it's middle class is better on average too. Those middle class fighters have no chance of getting to a bigger show due to quotas but it doesn't mean they aren't talented. They just fight in the aforementioned shows in relative anonymity.

Golly gee Mr. Wizard, tell us more!

That’s what they said in the lead up to Balboa vs. Drago.

Russia took over MMA along time ago . Chain wrestling , combat sambo , and a country that's just generally tough as shit lol

To be fair, this is why the UFC isn't hoovering up all the Russians that are good enough to compete - and yet people still say 'but why didn't they sign Magomed 'The Magomed' Magomed.

Back