We are getting hammered by New-Yorkers in Florida

I'm in South FLA too and we always get hammered by New Yorkers.

Florida has been a transplant state for ages.

I remember hearing Knicks fans sound louder than Miami Heat fans on their home court.
Go to a Rays game when they're playing the Red Sox or Yankees. It's ridiculous.

They just want to party bro, they waiting two months for their spring break.

I just saw that Rhode Island essentially put a ban on New Yorkers, which I find funny. Maybe they'll build a wall around the western 1/3 of Connecticut since NY/NJ settlers already ruined that.

I am located in South Fl, in a beachside town (of the nicest beaches in the state, but not near miami).

I am very disappointed to see the numbers of cases here increase at such a high-rate. I can comprehend the inevitability of a lot of folks getting exposed, but this is coming at the hand of severe mental retardation/ignorance. I think the media is badly representing Floridians. The vast majority of people I know are bunkered down and self-quarantined. The same people bracing for hurricane season in June bought a few extra bags of rice and beans, water, gas, etc and stocked up early this year. No one I know isn't taking this seriously.

However, there is a neighborhood here exclusively populated by New-Yorkers who relocate here during the winter months. They all head back to New York in February, so it has been empty over the last few weeks (it gets literally empty). but over the past 10 days I have seen thousands and thousands of them flood back here. Not only are they back, they are living 100% as if nothing is going on. The grocery stores (which I am not going to) are packed to the tits with the elderly New-York crowd and they give no fucks. I just took a drive down the beach with my girl and they are fucking everywhere. They are walking around the beach, the sidewalk, talking to each other, grilling food, etc. To clarify, nearly 100% of these people are retired and over the age of 70. They are easily distinguished from locals and exclusively drive Mercedes or Jaguar Sedans.
Old people getting on with their lives and not letting sensational headlines dictate their day to day actions?

Sounds like a shitload of people could learn from their example.

Yeah, I've live in FL now and I know its going to be a shitstorm here the way snowbirds flocking. FL will be as bad as NY in a month. I live in central fl. but I don't expect the area to be spared either. A lot of different ethnicities (European, S. American & Caribbean) in NY have mirrored communities/family in FL so it would seem to be an attractive destination.

I hate Florida in so many ways (lived there 2 decades, gone now...)
You got fuckin every type imaginable there, tooting their own fucking horn, not giving a fuck about anyone else, and it doesn't work.
Oh and it's hot.

A friend of mine lives in a cottage town on lake erie, and they are all pissed at all the big cityfolks tleaving larger cities to hold up at their cottages.

The good name of Florida Man really has been getting DP besmirched by boomer snowbirds and zoomer spring breakers

Back