We are getting hammered by New-Yorkers in Florida

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
I am located in South Fl, in a beachside town (of the nicest beaches in the state, but not near miami).

I am very disappointed to see the numbers of cases here increase at such a high-rate. I can comprehend the inevitability of a lot of folks getting exposed, but this is coming at the hand of severe mental retardation/ignorance. I think the media is badly representing Floridians. The vast majority of people I know are bunkered down and self-quarantined. The same people bracing for hurricane season in June bought a few extra bags of rice and beans, water, gas, etc and stocked up early this year. No one I know isn't taking this seriously.

However, there is a neighborhood here exclusively populated by New-Yorkers who relocate here during the winter months. They all head back to New York in February, so it has been empty over the last few weeks (it gets literally empty). but over the past 10 days I have seen thousands and thousands of them flood back here. Not only are they back, they are living 100% as if nothing is going on. The grocery stores (which I am not going to) are packed to the tits with the elderly New-York crowd and they give no fucks. I just took a drive down the beach with my girl and they are fucking everywhere. They are walking around the beach, the sidewalk, talking to each other, grilling food, etc. To clarify, nearly 100% of these people are retired and over the age of 70. They are easily distinguished from locals and exclusively drive Mercedes or Jaguar Sedans.

When you're in Florida, ignorance is bliss!

Florida has been a transplant state for ages.

I remember hearing Knicks fans sound louder than Miami Heat fans on their home court.

Florida has been a transplant state for ages.

I remember hearing Knicks fans sound louder than Miami Heat fans on their home court.
In all fairness, the Knicks have some loyal fans. Imagine being married to a girl since 1946 and she has massively disappointed you since 1973, but you still love and root for her.

That type of thing is rare.

I knew they would start relocating once New York was considered so high risk. They should build a wall around New York band not let anyone out. A real life Escape From New York.

People very quickly forget history. I wonder how soon people will forget about this pandemic and the damage.

I knew they would start relocating once New York was considered so high risk. They should build a wall around New York band not let anyone out. A real life Escape From New York.
They could just blow up the bridges like I am legend

Well, New York and Florida always have a conections, makes sense

Combine Florida stupidity with New York arrogance and you have a recipe for disaster.

People very quickly forget history. I wonder how soon people will forget about this pandemic and the damage.

It’s a little early to go there right now but I can tell you as far as a lengthy and crippling impact is concerned, this has already surpassed 9/11 and the recession.

New York and California should have walls around them and the ones who live there should be fine with it since they're clearly the best two states in every way.
Even without the virus, imagine having thousands of people invade your state every winter who all smoke and drive with their blinker on, except when they're turning. They are their own form of domestic terrorism.

Every Republican since Reagan/Bush has presided over a major destabilizing world event.

Fall of the USSR and ruin of Russia/ collapse of the 3rd world was the first one

Then 911 and the global economic collapse

Now this

The War Room is that way fella.

giphy.gif

These and those stupid kids(well they are supposed to be anyway)partying in the middle of a pandemic or lickkng toilets just to gather attention are the reason the US number of infected are skyrocketing now.
Off course you people are actually TESTING everybody(differently from some Asian countries)which brings the numbers up.
Im kind of worried about myself now.
Theres an old idiot coughing like a motherfucker in my job and now i have the cough too...

They are easily distinguished from locals and exclusively drive Mercedes or Jaguar Sedans.
and constantly telling you how much better everything is in new york

I live in Miami and I've noticed as well, typically they come during the winter you escape the cold and leave around this time; this time they are staying and coming even more.

Back