We are frustraded because we like to see fighters not players

We are frustrated because you are fustraded.
There should be a Sherdog law that one must at least spell the headline correctly.

Maybe you are from Pakistan or something. If that is the case sorry (better not be an American).

Same here. Nobody pays to see point-karate, or amateur wrestling, due to the lack of finality.

I like Carlos Condit, respect him in and out of the cage, but I will never forgive him for point-fighting in the Nick Diaz fight. I believe Nick was at his absolute best at that point, as was Condit, and Carlos "won" the point-fighting contest, instead of fighting the fight the fans were expecting to see.

Fans who buy tickets to see him fight.

Nick Diaz, the Just Bleed God's son-in-law basically retired in frustration of the point-fighting game.

Josh Barnett addressed this Fighter's Mentality versus the Wrestler's mentality on the Joe Rogan podcast a few days ago. That Josh went to the cage feeling that he was operating at his full human potential, that he wanted to *kill* his opponent, and their corner, should they intervene. Whereas a Ben Askren (his example) goes out with an overly detailed strategy in order to win the contest.

War Master Barnett rules, btw! Never in a boring fight!

With all the respect for the Kamaru Usman dominance, I think that the most frustrating aspect of his fighting is that even completely dominating his opponent he doesn't try to finish the fight.

You are wrong. The reason he cant finish is BECAUSE he does not have dominance or full control over his opponent.

Nick Diaz, the Just Bleed God's son-in-law basically retired in frustration of the point-fighting game.

Nay

You must have forgotten Nick playing it safe vs Anderson, amist the rest of the clowning. I vaguely recall him asking if he was up between rounds late.

Diaz the Larger isn't damned, but he sure AF is no Son of the Most Bloody

At least Forrest had the decency to go out on his shield.

Same here. Nobody pays to see point-karate, or amateur wrestling, due to the lack of finality.

I like Carlos Condit, respect him in and out of the cage, but I will never forgive him for point-fighting in the Nick Diaz fight. I believe Nick was at his absolute best at that point, as was Condit, and Carlos "won" the point-fighting contest, instead of fighting the fight the fans were expecting to see.

Fans who buy tickets to see him fight.

Josh Barnett addressed this Fighter's Mentality versus the Wrestler's mentality on the Joe Rogan podcast a few days ago. That Josh went to the cage feeling that he was operating at his full human potential, that he wanted to *kill* his opponent, and their corner, should they intervene. Whereas a Ben Askren (his example) goes out with an overly detailed strategy in order to win the contest.

War Master Barnett rules, btw! Never in a boring fight!

Seriously?
Nick retired to smoke more weed.
Condit can give a damn about you forgiving him, especially since he doubled his pay by winning.
War Master has been caught more times by the USDA than just about anyone.
You respect that don't you (a cheat)?

Why there is so much hate on the greatness of Usman I don't really understand.

Because hes privileged by the current reward system which rewards wall&stall and lay&pray with 10-9. That stuff should stay 10-10

Nay

You must have forgotten Nick playing it safe vs Anderson, amist the rest of the clowning. I vaguely recall him asking if he was up between rounds late.

Diaz the Larger isn't damned, but he sure AF is no Son of the Most Bloody

At least Forrest had the decency to go out on his shield.

Nick was pretty much retired by the time of the Silva fight, and had only one fight in 3 years to that point, losing to GSP. But good point, nonetheless.

Seriously?
Nick retired to smoke more weed.
Condit can give a damn about you forgiving him, especially since he doubled his pay by winning.
War Master has been caught more times by the USDA than just about anyone.
You respect that don't you (a cheat)?

They're all on steroids. Frankly, I think steroids should be mandatory, under the supervision of Doctors.

We are frustrated because you are fustraded.
There should be a Sherdog law that one must at least spell the headline correctly.

Maybe you are from Pakistan or something. If that is the case sorry (better not be an American).
Brazilian here. I know how to write frustrated, but didn't see my mistake when posting, sorry.

Wall and stall can get you to win, ok, but let's compare with soccer, when a team wants to hold the score and keep passing ball on the defense area... They will get the win, but nobody wants to watch this bullshit.

With all the respect for the Kamaru Usman dominance, I think that the most frustrating aspect of his fighting is that even completely dominating his opponent he doesn't try to finish the fight. He stalls with all his ability to win the game, not the fight. He has the mentality an athlete competing in a fighting sport not a mentality of fighter trying to emulate a real fight with some set of rules to see who can finish who, that what must of us like.

This mentality is very common on wrestlers, maybe because they have this mentality all their life, because how the rules of wrestling are.

The majority of sherdoggers, like me, don't like this type of competitors.
HE has the mentality of a dominant killer. A real kind of killer. Jorge is the guy that runs at the machine gun like a man, and goes out on his shield like a man. Usman is the guy that takes you out in your sleep, a leader of men, a survivor and, most importantly, a winner.

Uh, this break down doesn't really make sense. Pride was awesome, and I have no beef with those who see it as the pinnacle of MMA thus far, but it wasn't inherently a fight any more than the UFC is.

I would argue that it was because of the broader rule set of what a fighter could do i.e. knees and kicks to downed opponent and being able to wear gis, shoes, yellow cards for inactivity and more importantly, judging a "fight" based on damage, aggression and coming close to ending the fight and judging the fight as a whole rather than a round by round basis. All these things makes it inherently more of a fight than UFC.

Uh, this break down doesn't really make sense. Pride was awesome, and I have no beef with those who see it as the pinnacle of MMA thus far, but it wasn't inherently a fight any more than the UFC is.

But it was. Broader ruleset and different judging system..
Just like early UFC was closer to a real fight than what we have now.

Pretty naive. It's all about the ruleset, MMA wasn't like this in PRIDE.
PRIDE had SO many fights that were one guy would sit in the other guy's guard and very little action would happen, because elbows weren't allowed and there wasn't a cage to pin guys against or wall walk up. You're either remembering with rose glasses, or you weren't actually around for PRIDE and have only gone back for the fights that were particularly exciting. And if you haven't noticed the UFC has been extremely exciting this year.

LOL@ naive. I've been watching MMA and training since the 90s.

But it was. Broader ruleset and different judging system..
Just like early UFC was closer to a real fight than what we have now.
There were constantly bad decisions in PRIDE, and the ruleset was not superior. Constantly having to break the action to move the fighters back to the middle of the ring was embarrassing. Ring outs. No elbows. I loved PRIDE as much as every other fan back then, but it was not more "real" than the UFC, and Kamaru would be the PRIDE 170 champ if they were still around and paying top dollar.

Back