We are frustraded because we like to see fighters not players

They only hurt themselves fighting like that. MMA is a small sport and those approaches don't get you casual fans or more money. Floyd was whooping dudes asses and stopping them until he moved up in weight where he didn't have the power and altered his style (still got some stoppages after that) and Usman comparing himself to Floyd is a little ridiculous. Floyd past his prime stood toe to toe with Maidana and Miguel Cotto... And won.

I think you can just root and support the fighters you like. Don't care for Usman or Volk, didn't before and nothing will really change. Guys like Dustin Poirier, Justin Gaethje & Tony Ferguson will have more admiration when they hang it up than Usman or Volk even if they never get the belt.

Its the ref. Break them up after 30 seconds of nothing happening. Even though snuzman wants to win, the fans are paying $$ to see a fight. Not the bs we saw last night.
Usman is the worst. I would like to see Leon beat him, but that would end the same boring way im sure.
I noticed everyone was slipping around the cage all night. Can they not clean the sweat and oil off the mat?

I think you are mistaking good with tough. Masvidal is very beatable, very beatable. I honestly don't think he has the fight IQ to turn the tables an the majority of people who beat him in the past, he just locked out and got put in there with a couple of also beatable fighters and one who as it turned out masked being beatable by fighting in the B league. He's Cowboy Ceronne and nothing more
Cowboy didn't belong in the same ring with Jorge. Jorge finished him and finished him easily.

At some point we have to blame the UFC then the NSAC. I say the UFC for adopting their "Unified Rules" like anybody agreed to them. The point system, scoring system is flawed and the UFC won't dare go against the NSAC. We need a better judging system and we need yellow cards. Walls don't exist in wrestling. It's not a Martial art. Using the wall should not earn points. We don't need sport killers like Mayweather. GSP was bad enough. Now we got 3? Israel, Volkanovski and Kuresommnia Snoozeman. I'm not saying, "don't hate the player, hate the game". No, the player chooses to have zero integrity and chooses to do what's wrong but we do have to also blame the game. Both are responsible. One for doing it and the game for allowing it to happen.

Either that or stop calling it fighting. Just admit it's sports, games and players not a fight. A fight is where the goal is to do everything in your power, within the rules, to fuck somebody up. A sport is competition to score more points than the opponent. Thats why I always said:

Vale Tudo = Real Fight
UFC = Sport
Pride = Sport + Fight

Pride was better.

Last edited:
I agree that his strategy was stall, but that's because he's far better at a wrestler than striker and there was no point in finding out how much better a striker Jorge was. We all seen this work for GSP and for the most part Khabib so why would Usman do any different? Trust me I hate it, but I also get it.

I think GSP stalled a lot less than we saw Usman do last night. He was actually pretty active in dominant positions.

Vale Tudo = Real Fight
UFC = Sport
Pride = Sport + Fight

Pride was better.

Uh, this break down doesn't really make sense. Pride was awesome, and I have no beef with those who see it as the pinnacle of MMA thus far, but it wasn't inherently a fight any more than the UFC is.

With all the respect for the Kamaru Usman dominance, I think that the most frustrating aspect of his fighting is that even completely dominating his opponent he doesn't try to finish the fight. He stalls with all his ability to win the game, not the fight. He has the mentality an athlete competing in a fighting sport not a mentality of fighter trying to emulate a real fight with some set of rules to see who can finish who, that what must of us like.

This mentality is very common on wrestlers, maybe because they have this mentality all their life, because how the rules of wrestling are.

The majority of sherdoggers, like me, don't like this type of competitors.
tenor.gif

unfortunately fights with time limit,it will always privilege those who play with the rules.

if there was no time limit the KO or finishing would be 100% obligation, but this is impossible for obvious reasons.
So you enjoy seeing other humans get hurt when they dont have to?

It's a sport and sometimes fighters get hurt and other times they don't. I'm interested in the sport not the "just bleed" aspect so I'm fine regardless of how it turns out.

Some of you guys pretend to sympathize about Fighter CTE yet you whine when there isn't a war, bloodbath etc

<YeahOKJen>

you watch 2 men fighting in a cage, obviously you want to see blood.

not need to lie.

everyone likes bloody fights!
bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif

He did finish Colby in a pretty entertaining fight though.
Colby was the one who brought energy to the fight. Look at the fights suman has fought besides Colby, all very similar grinding style fights.

no knock on us man, he is a heck of a competitor but yeah, he wanted nothing to do with the stand up

I grew up watching K-1 / Pride Tournements where the Fighters tried to finish the Fight asap to be less exhausted for their next Fight in the same Evening.

.. and then you have Uzman. Fuck that.

Just knowing how tuff it would have been for Usman was enough imo.
i don't see either of them negating anything in terms of wrestling. they just both mutually decided to settle it with boxing.

I dont mind the staller the same as I love the finishers
If I have a game plan /style the opponent needs to prevent me from implementing it
Usman is like Shields but with better striking and cardio
Don't lump me with yourself TS

Blame the pioneers who came before Usman. Couture was the God father of wall n stall, GSP was the master point fighter.

Those guys made a legacy holding dudes down and imposing their physicality. Usman's imposes his will and physical prowess and I respect that. If you dont like it go watch boxing. LOL.

What's funny is most of these dudes who are crying about Usman's game are fans of GSP or Khabib. Like those 2 arent that much different than Usman. Bunch of hypocrite cry babies

Back