We are frustraded because we like to see fighters not players

ManjesterUnited

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
With all the respect for the Kamaru Usman dominance, I think that the most frustrating aspect of his fighting is that even completely dominating his opponent he doesn't try to finish the fight. He stalls with all his ability to win the game, not the fight. He has the mentality an athlete competing in a fighting sport not a mentality of fighter trying to emulate a real fight with some set of rules to see who can finish who, that what must of us like.

This mentality is very common on wrestlers, maybe because they have this mentality all their life, because how the rules of wrestling are.

The majority of sherdoggers, like me, don't like this type of competitors.

It will be glorious when Hugsman gets knocked out cold. I will rejoice.

So many drama queens.

We've had all kinds of brutal finishes, exciting wars, technical sub duels and blood baths since COVID fucked things up.

One shitty main event fight doesn't ruin my enjoyment.

Must suck to be so sensitive.

Meh. That was the smart way to fight and beat Masvidal. He recently put on one of the most entertaining fights we've seen in awhile in his slugfest with Colby so I'm not complaining. Not every fight has to be super exciting- Fights like Usman/Masvidal make us appreciate the bloody wars like Poirier/Hooker even more.

With all the respect for the Kamaru Usman dominance, I think that the most frustrating aspect of his fighting is that even completely dominating his opponent he doesn't try to finish the fight. He stalls with all his ability to win the game, not the fight. He has the mentality an athlete competing in a fighting sport not a mentality of fighter trying to emulate a real fight with some set of rules to see who can finish who, that what must of us like.

This mentality is very common on wrestlers, maybe because they have this mentality all their life, because how the rules of wrestling are.

bring in the yellow and red cards.

Thank you for making another thread about this. The several hundred pages on this topic were too long to read.

I'd like to agree but if Usman has the sheer power to just hold anyone where he wants and make them look like a child, then more power to him. No point in bitching by anyone

I think you are underestimating how good Masvidal is. Masivdal is tough. He took a beating and was still swinging hard at the end of the fifth round. Usman finished Colby and he brutalized Woodley. He didn't lay and pray on Woodley he butchered him for 5 rounds. It was an absolute massacre. Masvidal was a very game opponent. He was also very well prepared, I don't care that he says otherwise. Why there is so much hate on the greatness of Usman I don't really understand.

The funny part is no fighter would believe him if Usman flat out said:
“Look, i don’t care how good you are....I’m just going to hold you against the cage, stomp your feet, hit you off the break here and there, continue to hold you down, control you, and you won’t do a damn thing to stop it until the clock runs out and you lose. I simply won’t let you implement your game plan. Hold this L.”
Fighter egos wouldn’t allow them to agree that it will happen to them.

It’s like watching Floyd box. Ppl would watch to see “is he gonna lose this time?” Lol.
I don’t like Usman fights to see how good Usman is, I like watching to see if the opponent can do anything about it.

Last edited:
At the end of the day MMA is a sport...

Winning via decision is a viable option, and there are a number of fighters who just aren’t finishers.

That’s the beauty of MMA, in my opinion. You have a problem, and you have a number of ways to approach it.

So you enjoy seeing other humans get hurt when they dont have to?

It's a sport and sometimes fighters get hurt and other times they don't. I'm interested in the sport not the "just bleed" aspect so I'm fine regardless of how it turns out.

Some of you guys pretend to sympathize about Fighter CTE yet you whine when there isn't a war, bloodbath etc

<YeahOKJen>

Back