We are falling into the same trap with Brown that we did with Melvin

Nah man I think most knew Melvin was an explosive striker with not much sub defense brown has always seemed like a way more well rounded guy than him, I know the hype is big with his streak rt now but would still like to see him against Dong or Lombard so we can know that he can hang with top of division. I like rooting for the underdog so WAR Brown

i dunno man the careers are VEEERRRY similar. Both lost a bunch early on, so the ufc gives them some strikers to fight which they do and look good against. Than melvin got to the top of the division and got stomped by guys who could take him down and tap him.

I see that happening to brown veerrrry soon

Yes this is true and its something the UFC foes quite often, including with fan favorite Carlos Condit.

And how many wrestlers did Dan Hardy face in his career in the wrestler-rich 170 lb division?

They will do wat they need to do to hype up their guys

You have to look at the differences - beating folks down shows more than one punch KOs, Brown got there with hard work not blessed with athleticism, Brown is mentally strong and Melvin is not; Brown aint no pussy

fRYE_DWI.gif

Pretty opposite. Melvin lacks heart, Brown has a ton of heart. Brown has also won seven in a row, over the course of a few years.

He needs to fight a top 5 guy and really prove himself. That's pretty much it! 1 win and title shot

You make zero sense.

Browne beat everybody that was put in front of him, he went through a back injury, a 9 month layoff and beat down Silva.

Brown > Guillard > dog shit > you.

You < Butts < Sluts < Mud Huts < Recursive Loops < You

Remember when the young asassin Melvin Guillard was on that roll in 2010. He was knocking guys out, people were saying that he was the dark horse in the Lightweight division and a future champ. And yet if you look at his opponents in 2010 none of them were good at what melvins weakness was, TakeDowns and ground control/sub game, a grinder if you will. In fact Melvin really didn't face one of those until he faced Jim Miller and lost after getting choked out ( i know he lost before that but Lauzons punch was probably a little lucky tbh)

We are falling into the same trap with Matt Brown, and i really like matt brown, but this guy is not a title contender. Beating guys in the top 15-25 who are all predominatly strikers, ( a dont give me mike pyle either because while he is good on the ground he isn't very good at takedowns). Anyways when you look at it there are striking similarites. Matt lost a bunch of times before this streak, why? because he was fighting guys who had the ability to take him down and submit him and/or take him down and grind him out to a points win. Same with Melvin

So what does the Ufc Do? They match them up with predominatly strikers who Brown/Guillard are better than at standup.And what happens? right on cue Melvin went on a streak and now matt is on one.

So i would suggest not to jump fully on the Brown bandwagon, because we really haven't seen him against a grinder, who can take him down and submit him since he went on his streak. To Bad Fitch got cut because i would have liked to have seen Brown against him. Rory would probably starch him but that could potentially be fun as well

Thoughts?

I've always thought of Guillard as a dangerous fighter with brain cramp issues. I guess I wasn't at the stop when his bandwagon rolled by.

People get better TS.

The only thing that worries me right now about Matt Brown is his ability to take a body shot. This is what, his second time getting nearly finished by a body shot? (Mein and Silva) His ground game seems very solid now and his relentless style is hard to prepare for.

TECHNICAL BRAWLER BABY~

put him up against koscheck and see what happens.

Brown's 7 fight win streak >>>>>> your life.

Seriously, do you not care about fighters winning?

How many people in boxing get TS from nice winning streaks? Pretty much everybody.

Think of all the time and effort Brown has put in to his streak. Give the man his due.

that guys life > your life

he wasn't being a hater, just pointing out what has happened in the past. Yes, Brown is on a cool winning streak, but, many people are, then face the cream of the crop and crumble. Not saying Brown "crumbles", but he's beat 0 guys who are top 10. Mein, Pyle, both good wins in his recent streak. Doesn't mean that he deserves a TS. What he does deserve is a top 10 fight and if he wins, perhaps a top 5 fight.

He should fight Dong again imo. Or Ellenberger if he beats Lawler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back