We all underestimated Tito

We just overestimated Alexander based on bjorns hyperbole.
This i think is more of it. I really think we just overestimated Schlemenko. We know Tito is nowhere near top form and he looked it. I'm not even sure he can shoot a full on double leg anymore.

I didnt underestimate Tito. vCash was nice, the real cash I won was even nicer.

Picked him to win from the beginning. The Russian guy was overrated from the beginning.

No they wouldn't. Tito being able to overpower blown up middleweights has been his calling card. It just takes one mistake.

Yes they would. The top UFC MWs defeat him. Weidman, Vitor, Machida, Jacare, Rockhold, Kennedy etch would beat Ortiz pretty easily at this point in time.

It takes more than one mistake, Tito doesn't have KO power and he's not just going to sub guys that have good grappling backgrounds.

Yes they would. The top UFC MWs defeat him. Weidman, Vitor, Machida, Jacare, Rockhold, Kennedy etch would beat Ortiz pretty easily at this point in time.

It takes more than one mistake, Tito doesn't have KO power and he's not just going to sub guys that have good grappling backgrounds.

I think Bader and Forrest beat the majority of those guys on size alone. Tito's punching has improved to the point where a KO is not inconceivable. We already underestimated his BJJ. Just sayiing size matters.

He outweighed Storm by over 300 pounds guys..

I'm sure you were thinking the same about Storm before the fight.

You guys seriously think Tito would beat some of the UFC top 15 middleweights?

I don't see him winning against anyone of these:

Champion : Chris Weidman
1 Anderson Silva
2 Lyoto Machida
3 Vitor Belfort
4 Jacare Souza
5 Luke Rockhold
6 Tim Kennedy
7 Mark Munoz
8 Michael Bisping
9 Francis Carmont
10 Costas Philippou
11 Gegard Mousasi
12 Yoel Romero
13 Tim Boetsch
14 Thales Leites
15 Brad Tavares

Lets be real here, Tito is 39 years old, he looked pretty old and slow in his fight with Shlemenko too, his skills as a fighter have probably deteriorated a lot since his fights with Forrest and Bader(Plus if they would have fought a bunch of times Bader would beat him more than he would lose), he has chronic injury issues etc.

He isn't going to beat any of those guys by just bullying them with his size. Weight is a big factor, but not so big that a washed-up(no offense) 39 year old fighter who should have retired a long time ago is able to beat the top 15 in a weight class below him just because he has a 20 lbs size advantage.

I think Bader and Forrest beat the majority of those guys on size alone. Tito's punching has improved to the point where a KO is not inconceivable. We already underestimated his BJJ. Just sayiing size matters.

I have been contesting for years Tito's offensive and defensive jits is really good. He's not a submission artist however he has great awareness and instincts in grappling. His BJJ has aged like fine wine, it's too bad his cardio went to shit in that time.

I don't believe he's underestimated as a fighter, his BJJ is underestimated though.

Tito lost every Forrest fight. You could have the first one a draw depending on how you view it (10-9, 10-8).

:icon_lol:

I have been contesting for years Tito's offensive and defensive jits is really good. He's not a submission artist however he has great awareness and instincts in grappling. His BJJ has aged like fine wine, it's too bad his cardio went to shit in that time.

I don't believe he's underestimated as a fighter, his BJJ is underestimated though.

This -

No, people overestimated Storm. He's not a top 20 MW, and is really more of a WW figter, where he probably isn't even top 30. BFC's MW just sucks, bad. Anyone thinking storm had more than a 1-2% puncher's chance are delusional.

No, people overestimated Storm. He's not a top 20 MW, and is really more of a WW figter, where he probably isn't even top 30. BFC's MW just sucks, bad. Anyone thinking storm had more than a 1-2% puncher's chance are delusional.

That last sentence is a bit overboard but I pretty much agree with this. I like Shlemenko a lot but he's been seriously overrated for a while now. He's a WW and there are quite a few WWs outside of the UFC who would beat him handily, he's very lucky to be fighting MWs in Bellator. It's about the best possible gig a fighter of his caliber could end up with honestly.

how did we under estimate him? We know he cant hang with the best in the division. All he did was beat a guy he had a 40lb weight advantage over. That doesn't really prove anything.

Simple, because before the fight most people on the forum were picking Schlemenko to win, just like Vegas did. I know it's popular to talk shit about the TS here, but TS is spot on.

Not top 20 at MW? List your top 10-20 MWs... another shit post by a shit poster.

LOL, you're bringing up his performance against Rashad as some sort of merit? He got fucking WORKED in that fight. Jeez guys, think before you speak.

He still did a hell of a lot better than Sonnen who is still ranked in the top10 a LHW... think about that for a second.

Not top 20 at MW? List your top 10-20 MWs... another shit post by a shit poster.

No. He wouldn't even win gold at 170 in BFC.

Roger Gracie
Alan Belcher
Ed Herman
Brad Tavares
Luke Barnatt
Lorenz Larkin
C.B. Dollaway
Uriah Hall

I would favor all of them to win. If he fought each of them 100 times he would lose at least 51 times. He's a tiny MW. The only reason he fights at MW is because BFC MW is so horrendous, he would have lost at WW. Askren would have tooled Storm 10/10 times.

He still did a hell of a lot better than Sonnen who is still ranked in the top10 a LHW... think about that for a second.

LHW is the 2nd shallowest division. Sonnen would be LHW champ in BFC. Sonnen is a beast at 185, he's way too small for 205, he only moved up to get a few more fights in before he retires I bet. He really needs to move down to 185.

You highlight my point though. Sonnen is a top 10, arguably a top 5 MW, and he gets tooled at LHW. Storm is NOT top 10, or even top 20 WW. Larger MW will tool him, he will lose, he is not top 30. He is lucky to be sheltered in the BFC. Your post proves my exact point. It also proves why anyone thinking Storm had any chance are delusional.

i certainly underestimated him. who would've thunk it? that fast? crazy.

i hope he doesn't now feel overconfident and sign to fight king kong or some shit

Back