We all underestimated Tito

lol ... wasn't the other guy weighting 201 lbs ?

Btw, my bet :
500 vcash on Tito -> 2760 now ;-)

Wanderlei, Shogun and the rest of the Pride guys regularly padded their records against undersized Japanese fighters. Nobody thought nothing of Wandy crushing 180 lb Sakuraba. Tell me what's the difference?

Look at his last few loses, all to the very top of the LHW division. I personally think that he beat Forrest in their 3rd fight and Forrest even at that stage was still a legit LHW. He started like a house on fire against Nog and rocked him till his body gave out. Did much better against Rashad than Sonnen did. And he finished Bader in like a minute.

If you see his record it doesn't look to good, but when you think about it, considering the guys he fought, it's not bad at all. He lost to the best of the best, and instead of considering him as an old vet who's a mid tier LHW, we thought of him as a can.

I'm sorry... WAR JACOB!!!

mj1nl4ac_mfsNLN7icJR-pA.jpg

Tito lost every Forrest fight. You could have the first one a draw depending on how you view it (10-9, 10-8).

That being said, tito is gonna tito. I love seeing the gravedigger hahaha

Look at his last few loses, all to the very top of the LHW division. I personally think that he beat Forrest in their 3rd fight and Forrest even at that stage was still a legit LHW. He started like a house on fire against Nog and rocked him till his body gave out. Did much better against Rashad than Sonnen did. And he finished Bader in like a minute.

If you see his record it doesn't look to good, but when you think about it, considering the guys he fought, it's not bad at all. He lost to the best of the best, and instead of considering him as an old vet who's a mid tier LHW, we thought of him as a can.

plus he beat vitor,wand(in his prime) and rashad in there first fight(if it weren't for the point deduction).

Tito went from overrated to underrated. I used to argue he wasn't really that good and benefited from a huge size advantage and lack of wrestling in the LHW division. His initial UFC run was composed of MWs(Tanner, Sinosic, Shamrock, Kondo) and guys with a wrestling weakness at the time(Wand, Metzger, Boehlander). Once the sport evolved a little, he wasn't the same. He was competitive for the most part, but he never strung together some solid wins. Arguably, his best win ever is against Belfort, and he was KO'd and woke up with punches in the 2nd and then Belfort gassed. But all-time, I think Tito still ends up overrated. His good run wasn't really that special in hindsight, but is what others will remember in the future.

I thought he was a shoe-in to beat Schlemenko, because he never fell off a cliff skills wise and he had a good size edge.

Tito is the man. He never got the respect he earned for his skills. Yeah, he was bigger than Schlemenko, but I remember back when he was having his stupid twitter beef with Koscheck. A lot of people were saying Koscheck would beat his ass in the cage. A LOT. Not just a few. A lot. So when Tito actually does go out there and prove that he still make short work out of a guy that has dominated the 185lb division, everybody just scoffs and says; "Yeah...well, he was too big. Proves nothing." You guys are the real fuckin cans.

Wanderlei, Shogun and the rest of the Pride guys regularly padded their records against undersized Japanese fighters. Nobody thought nothing of Wandy crushing 180 lb Sakuraba. Tell me what's the difference?

The only difference is that people actively look for reasons to shit on Tito.

I think most people overrated shlemenko. There were people on here really acting like he was a worldbeater and a top MW. He's a top MW in Bellator but not overall, most of the top MWs in the UFC would beat Ortiz decisively.

LOL, you're bringing up his performance against Rashad as some sort of merit? He got fucking WORKED in that fight. Jeez guys, think before you speak.

Props to Tito, if not then get a grip, props when props are due man.

I think most people overrated shlemenko. There were people on here really acting like he was a worldbeater and a top MW. He's a top MW in Bellator but not overall, most of the top MWs in the UFC would beat Ortiz decisively.

This. Most people acted like Shlemenko was Anderson Silva fighting Tito. He is a good fighter, but giving up 40 pounds to a guy whose best weapon is a semi-weakness of yours is tough.

No they wouldn't. Tito being able to overpower blown up middleweights has been his calling card. It just takes one mistake.

40pounds?
seriously?

Well Shlemenko is pretty soft even for 85 (he's a pretty average size WW) while Tito is a high solid LHW so I buy 40 lbs of functional mass anyway, regardless of scale weight

We just overestimated Alexander based on bjorns hyperbole.

I picked Tito to win, but he won't be beating anyone legit at lhw. He looked horrible in my opinion

It's pretty much impossible to know what to expect from a 39 year old fighter that hasn't fought in two years and has chronic injury problems.

I'm still sad about it. Alexander's one of my faves. The bottom game's been the weakness of him and his fighters, though. He usually just muscles his way out when he's on his back (since he's got that ridiculous undersized-Russian strength, like Fedor, he's able to do it at middleweight; him picking up Galesic in a guillotine is a testament to his strength), but he doesn't have the skills off his back to overcome someone who's got a big strength advantage, like Tito.

Back