We all underestimated Tito

Jamoke

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look at his last few loses, all to the very top of the LHW division. I personally think that he beat Forrest in their 3rd fight and Forrest even at that stage was still a legit LHW. He started like a house on fire against Nog and rocked him till his body gave out. Did much better against Rashad than Sonnen did. And he finished Bader in like a minute.

If you see his record it doesn't look to good, but when you think about it, considering the guys he fought, it's not bad at all. He lost to the best of the best, and instead of considering him as an old vet who's a mid tier LHW, we thought of him as a can.

I'm sorry... WAR JACOB!!!

mj1nl4ac_mfsNLN7icJR-pA.jpg

how did we under estimate him? We know he cant hang with the best in the division. All he did was beat a guy he had a 40lb weight advantage over. That doesn't really prove anything.

Everyone was saying that he's gonna get destroyed by Shlemenko despite the size advantage. Tito won easily, like he did against Bader. People were treating Tito like a can.

Everyone was saying that he's gonna get destroyed by Shlemenko despite the size advantage. Tito won easily, like he did against Bader. People were treating Tito like a can.

I am pretty sure Randy Couture can come out of retirement and beat Shlemenko.

Size matters when accompanied by still relevant skills.

Tito was just too big for Shlemenko and he still has decent skills.

Look at his last few loses, all to the very top of the LHW division. I personally think that he beat Forrest in their 3rd fight and Forrest even at that stage was still a legit LHW. He started like a house on fire against Nog and rocked him till his body gave out. Did much better against Rashad than Sonnen did. And he finished Bader in like a minute.

If you see his record it doesn't look to good, but when you think about it, considering the guys he fought, it's not bad at all. He lost to the best of the best, and instead of considering him as an old vet who's a mid tier LHW, we thought of him as a can.

there are many that didn't underestimate tito. so, i'm not sure what you mean by we all underestimated tito. ???

Tito is still a good fighter but is passed his prime. He can still be competitive and beat top guys here and there.

Forrest even thought he lost the 3rd fight against Tito. I thought Tito should have been given the nod too but when Forrest is in a close fight the judges give it to him.

The Bader win was good. Most of Tito's losses were competitive (Except against Lil Nog and Rashad 2 to an extent) Hell, he almost had Machida submitted in the 3rd round.

there are many that didn't underestimate tito. so, i'm not sure what you mean by we all underestimated tito. ???

Exactly ... once I saw the massive size difference at the weigh ins ... I knew Tito was going to win easily.

I made a bet on Tito because he was a pretty big underdog and won^^, but Tito is just so annoying as a person people champ my ass i dont like him i never liked him :icon_twis

Most people were betting on Simon Pegg to win the fight. He was a heavy Vegas favorite. Therefore, it is fair to say most people were underestimating Tito. Myself included.

I made a bet on Tito because he was a pretty big underdog and won^^, but Tito is just so annoying as a person people champ my ass i dont like him i never liked him :icon_twis

I'm not a Tito fan but I don't dislike the guy anymore (like I did in the Lions Den days or even the Couture days.)

He is actually great with the fans.

You're fogetting those of who really, truly just could not pretend to give a shit

You're fogetting those of who really, truly just could not pretend to give a shit

Why would I talk about them? They don't care and don't have an opinion about it, what's the point of talking about them then? Stop being so negative, Da Speeit.

We're supposed to be impressed that a LHW who normally weighs in around 230lbs beat a MW who should really be cutting down to WW?

Uhhhh . . . no.

how did we under estimate him? We know he cant hang with the best in the division. All he did was beat a guy he had a 40lb weight advantage over. That doesn't really prove anything.

40pounds?
seriously?

i know he would end it if he got on top, i just didnt expect him to be able to get it there lol

war tito

yet most of the people on these boards thought Tito didnt stand a chance against Schlemenko

tito didnt just win because of a size difference

there are lightweights who wouldve done better against that head and arm attempt. i know tito would be a far superior grappler with legendary elbow gnp, but that was some ufc 1 level sub defense

I underestimated the size advantage, Tito looked fucking huge

Nope. Picked him to win.

Back