WCW invasion, how would you have done it?

Rudeboyben84

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
6 man tag or these as single matches if it didn’t go down at survivor series.

Sting vs Undertaker
Booker T vs The Rock
Steiner vs Angle
RVD vs Jericho
Goldberg vs Stonecold
Ray Misterio vs Bigshow

NWO (Hogan, Nash, Hall) vs DX (HHH, RD, Gunn) should have had a match too.

Shame this ended up such a mess and they went with the story before they had signed all the big names.

NWO vs DX could have been great. Shawn Michaels was retired at the time but Xpac was still in WWF could have added any of the NWO members and made it 4vs4. I’d pick Mr Perfect, although not that well known as a core NWO member he was still part of it and would have had name value to hardcore WWF fans.

What would your invasion have looked like?

No Shane O Mac on final Nitro with the buyout thing.

I would've slowly rolled the former WCW guys into the roster and have them work as WWE talent, making no mention of WCW. Have them take abuse from the WWE guys until the big names from WCW's garunteed contracts ran out and WWE could sign them (Hall, Nash, Sting, Steiner, ect)

Then they invade and raise hell, bringing revenge for how the boys down south were treated. Some former WCW guys who were treated well by WWE question their loyalties and guys like Benoit, Jericho and Eddie who jumped ship early are targeted by the WCW loyalists. WCW guys who made it big in WWE before jumping to WCW for big money are also suspected and not trusted by either side.

Enter Hogan (yes I know...) with nobody knowing who's side he takes.

Former ECW guys see this and join the alliance, then break off later to form their own splinter faction led by Heyman.

No fucking McMahon kids.

WWE jumped the gun on the invasion with no big WCW talent and it fell flat on it's face.

Jim Cornette took a crack at it.

WrestleMania 2003

Stone cold vs Goldberg
Hogan vs Rock
Undertaker vs Sting
HHH/HBK vs Outsiders
Flair vs Vince
Harlem Heat vs Edge & Christian
Savage vs Stephanie

It has Steiners as a team vs Bigshow/kane. Some weird matchups... Austin vs Mick Foley as well, he wasn’t even part of the invasion had been a wwe guy for years. Weird fight as a main event.

Also the way he set it up was shit. Undertaker talking about his job and feeding his kids. No thanks.

Have Goldberg & NWO join in at the WCW/ECW alliance.

Triple-H feuds with RVD.

Goldberg has a feud with The Rock.

Have Steve Austin have a face turn, and stay a face because of his treatment at WCW by Eric Biscoff. Have a year-long feud with Hogan consisting of three main-event PPVs... the first being at Summerslam (Austin Wins), Survivor Series for the WWE Belt (Hogan Wins), Austin wins the Royal Rumble for the 4th time, and wins against Hogan at Wrestlemania.

If Sting liked the respect the WWE was showing to the WCW talent he would have signed quickly, and feuded with the Undertaker.

That's just off the top of my head.

I would've slowly rolled the former WCW guys into the roster and have them work as WWE talent, making no mention of WCW. Have them take abuse from the WWE guys until the big names from WCW's garunteed contracts ran out and WWE could sign them (Hall, Nash, Sting, Steiner, ect)

Then they invade and raise hell, bringing revenge for how the boys down south were treated. Some former WCW guys who were treated well by WWE question their loyalties and guys like Benoit, Jericho and Eddie who jumped ship early are targeted by the WCW loyalists. WCW guys who made it big in WWE before jumping to WCW for big money are also suspected and not trusted by either side.

Former ECW guys see this and join the alliance, then break off later to form their own splinter faction led by Heyman.

No fucking McMahon kids.

WWE jumped the gun on the invasion with no big WCW talent and it fell flat on it's face.

Man this would be sick especially if there was a moment where Hogan came into a match for the save but in the end went back to Red/Yellow and helping WWF

I wouldn't have done it. WCW was not worth paying attention to.

I wouldn't have done it. WCW was not worth paying attention to.
<PlusJuan>
Or:

No fucking McMahon kids.

No invasion angle period

Just slowly introduce the performers that had their contracts absorbed in the acquisition and wait for the big names to get there and do dream matches until the WWE guys start bitching about their spots and doing favours.

So basically nothing would've changed except doing this stupid angle

Jim Cornette took a crack at it.

Love Cornette but his booking of this angle would have been absolutely terrible.

When I think WCW vs WWE I dont think mankind vs austin and Terry funk vs Taker as the 2 big dream matches. Lol

Love Cornette but his booking of this angle would have been absolutely terrible.

When I think WCW vs WWE I dont think mankind vs austin and Terry funk vs Taker as the 2 big dream matches. Lol
So true. <Lmaoo>

For starters, you don’t have Booker T vs Buff Bagwell in fucking Tacoma, WA...

Was DDP vs Undertaker part of the invasion angle?

Let's be honest, any invasion angle were doomed for failure.

One side had to win and it wasn't going to be the invaders, so you piss off the WCW fans and they leave regardless.

And if you did the dumb thing, you leave your WWF fans going "why the fuck was I cheering these losers?" and leave in disgust because they've been taught at an early age that the other guys were the b leaguers who suck and they can beat the guys they grew up being fans of.

Back