WBC orders Fury to fight Whyte before any Joshua fight happens

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
This is the right decision IMO, Whyte has waited a long time to get his shot, and WIlder clearly didnt want to fight him at any point.

I think Fury will make him look stupid, but give the guy his shot.

This is the right decision IMO, Whyte has waited a long time to get his shot, and WIlder clearly didnt want to fight him at any point.

Really, who gives a flying fuck. Dillian got sparked out fair and square by Joshua, the man who would go on to get slept by the Snickers champ only to avenge his loss to the obese beast by decision. While Fury beat the man who was universally seen as 1-3 in the division decisively over two fights, keeping in mind that he had also schooled Wlad years earlier.

Fury/Joshua is the fight to make. You're either on board or you get the fuck out of the way. There's no stopping it short of one of them losing their mando between now and then.

Fury doesn't need a belt. WBC needs sanctioning fees.

Just drop the belt and let Whyte fight any one of these guys for it:

1. Deontay Wilder
2. Oleksandr Usyk
3. Oscar Rivas
4. Luis Ortiz
5. Andy Ruiz Jr.
6. Joseph Parker
7. Daniel Dubois
8. Filip Hrgovic
9. Alexander Povetkin
10. Michael Hunter
11. Joe Joyce
12. Dereck Chisora
13. Charles Martin
14. Efe Ajagba
15. Agit Kabayel

Fury beats Whyte too I think. He didn’t look great in his last fight.

The WBC caved under Whyte's legal pressure as I predicted only they decided to force Fury to fight him next rather than making Fury ‘Franchise Champ’ while elevating Whyte from interim to full WBC champion.

tbh as much as I want to see Joshua vs fury, Whyte deserves his shot. The belt holders should be fighting the ‘top’ contenders as well as fighting unifications. The fight can still happen within 12 months

fury is horrible for Whyte, I don’t see an upset

tbh as much as I want to see Joshua vs fury, Whyte deserves his shot. The belt holders should be fighting the ‘top’ contenders as well as fighting unifications. The fight can still happen within 12 months

fury is horrible for Whyte, I don’t see an upset

Usyk will likely exercise his mandatory clause too against AJ. The biggest fight to be made in boxing may not happen before December 2021.

Glad for Whyte that he is going get his shot at last but it's a shame it's going to delay the biggest fight in boxing. Let's hope Joshua doesn't lose his belts between now and a Fury bout.

Lol, Whyte's stablemate's got 3 of the 4 belts. If Hearn isn’t playing Whyte, why can’t he make that fight ?
He knows Fury's just going to tell him fuck off and Whyte might get a participation trophy in the form of the WBC Champ belt........whilst Fury is franchise champ.

The unification fight should take prioirity, but I don't mind the Whyte fight first, he deserves it. That being said, I don't think he has much chance, and just as likely I can see Fury dropping the title, and Wilder-Whyte being made.

But thats after Fury-Wilder 3, Whyte won’t get his shot until late 2021 it sounds like, if Fury is the people’s champ like he says he is he should drop the belt and let Whyte have what he’s earned for almost a year, but its really Sulaiman being the scum here, if he wasn’t the parasite that he is he wouldn’t be waiting to leech off a 3rd fight between Fury-Wilder, the Wbc already sanctioned two fights what more do they want??

I don’t like Whyte either but give him what he rightfully earned

Glad for Whyte that he is going get his shot at last but it's a shame it's going to delay the biggest fight in boxing. Let's hope Joshua doesn't lose his belts between now and a Fury bout.
The biggest fight in boxing was delaying like a 3 year mandatory

I like Whyte and he makes an interesting match up with a lot of guys but Fury is a bad fight for him.

I feel like he loses and then a bunch of people say he sucks because of it even though he doesn't.

The unification fight should take prioirity, but I don't mind the Whyte fight first, he deserves it. That being said, I don't think he has much chance, and just as likely I can see Fury dropping the title, and Wilder-Whyte being made.
Wilder most likely won’t be around after another loss. If Fury drops the belt then Whyte most likely fights his mandatory before any Wilder fight because Wilder isn’t going to twerk into these kinds of fights ,he certainly didn’t do it as the champion so no reason to see it now and after multiple losses ? I don’t see it and would be surprised to see that fight at any time .

I’d like to see Wilder vs , Whyte , Hrgovic, Joyce and or DDD but he’s mentally weak if things don’t go his way or he’s not a super star in his own mind so I’m scratching those fights off too .

Last edited:
Cant believe people are happy about this. This is trash. Not even an interesting fight or a good matchup.

The smarter play would be to elevate Fury. Install Whyte as regular champ . Make Wilder Mandatory for reg. Then we could see a year packed of non stop heavyweight action and not delay the biggest fight that can be made.
Usyk gets his shot...Whyte gets his belt...Fury vs Joshua biggest fight in boxing still on course....Then you are building Wilder back up into a champion again in an exciting as hell matchup against Whyte.

Usyk will likely exercise his mandatory clause too against AJ. The biggest fight to be made in boxing may not happen before December 2021.

This is exactly why Fury/Joshua has to happen asap. Even if neither of them lose their next fight, Wilder, Pulev, Joshua could still get outboxed by Usyk and Fury could definitely look past Dillian Whyte and lose. Either of those things happen and your looking at rematches in both cases and you can kiss away the likelihood of having an undisputed baddest man alive until at least late 2022, if even.

Fury should just let Whyte have his empty belt. Having one less title on the line takes nothing away from Fury/Joshua.

I like Whyte and he makes an interesting match up with a lot of guys but Fury is a bad fight for him.

I feel like he loses and then a bunch of people say he sucks because of it even though he doesn't.

Whyte is heavy handed and a hard man. He’s a dangerous opponent but you’re right, a focused Tyson Fury schools him. Too big, skilled, and mobile for the cumbersome Whyte.

The only way Fury could lose to him is if he caves to the WBC and fights him before taking on Joshua. Having that megafight looming in the horizon could only be a distraction... the exact sort of distraction that could work in Dillion’s favor.

This is exactly why Fury/Joshua has to happen asap. Even if neither of them lose their next fight, Wilder, Pulev, Joshua could still get outboxed by Usyk and Fury could definitely look past Dillian Whyte and lose. Either of those things happen and your looking at rematches in both cases and you can kiss away the likelihood of having an undisputed baddest man alive until at least late 2022, if even.

Fury should just let Whyte have his empty belt. Having one less title on the line takes nothing away from Fury/Joshua.
According to Fury belts don’t mean anything and he prides his phantom belt which is Lineal more then anything , he has time to fight Whyte because A.J has two mandatories himself so it doesn’t really mean much ,if Furys as good as he claims he”ll fight Whyte after Wilder and it doesn’t even effect an A.J fight because he has to fight Usyk still so dropping the WBC title really doesn’t do much except make the A.J fight weaker .

Being a champion of the WBC now isn’t going to be easy , no more cherry picks for anyone over there for a minute and Fury may not have the mentality to take on killers Row bc he’s accustomed to soft touches in between fights Wheather by choice or circumstances .Thats a big reason why he has no title defenses beyond getting robbed in the first Wilder fight .

If Usyk wasn’t in the way I’d say go for it , if A.J and Fury agreed to drop a belt and sign to fight then I’m for it ,but that’s a big if . But if those aren’t the circumstances then both should get their fights out of the way , people should stop crying and understand how the sport works ,A.J vs Usyk is the best fight besides Fury . Whyte is somewhat predictable here but you never know he has killer body shots which could do something in that Fury fight ? Either way good match ups .

Back