Ways to make my hands better

JackTucker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In training, when I kick I feel great, the probably my best asset in sparring, but my boxing seem's really sloppy.

anybody know ways to improve my hands?

Do you have a coach?

Shadow box, mitt work, sparring, sparring, sparring.

If you don't have a proper boxing coach, get one. You could also post a video, but really no one on this forum is going to be able to make you a proficient striker. You're going to need a coach of some repute to train you.

The best option would be to go to a boxing gym. But if you can't then concentrate on working mainly your hands in training, get yourself out of your comfort zone. Ask your coach if your technique is wrong, etc. Last thing you could do is take a video of yourself training and put it on here, you will get a lot of shit responses, but a few people here know what they are doing and can give you real technical advice.

I have only have one coach, who teaches me everything, were a small club. That's why i'm thinking about taking up boxing as well as mma

Shadowbox with emphasis on form.
Mit work with emphasis on form.
Bag work with emphasis on form.

If you're worried about your technique, then focus on that.

Focus mitts and double-end bag will get you hand-eye coordination up. And getting your coach to watch you and correct technique is a big help.

Also, going to a dedicated boxing gym will put you on the right path. Even if it's only once a week.

When I do bag work, I still do entire rounds of using only one punch, focusing on form, speed, and power. Helped me alot, just make sure you're doing the punch right.

Last edited:
I kickboxed for years before I went to a boxing gym. Go to a boxing gym! The best way to improve your hands are to isolate them. It forces you to rely on them for all of your offense and a lot of your defense.

Start with concrete and work your way up, eventually you'll start punching diamonds.

And that's how world class boxers are born.

lol sounds fun

p.s. Do lots of bag work, mitt work and shadow box.

Back