Ways to improve kicking?

karatemexi

Brown Belt
Reaction score
does anyone have any videos,drills, weightlifting techniques, or tips in general about how to improve particularly kicking speed or control?

i havent practiced kicks seriously in a while and i want to get it relatively up to par so i can have a decent showing for my schools tkd tryouts

Soccer...kick the ball hard with both legs against a wall or something, dont flame, you would be suprised...remember tho both legs, twill improve your weaker leg esp.

Also-Bannana tree's FTW

does anyone have any videos,drills, weightlifting techniques, or tips in general about how to improve particularly kicking speed or control?

I havent practiced kicks seriously in a while and i want to get it relatively up to par so i can have a decent showing for my schools tkd tryouts

put your a$$ into it

I watch a lot of old Cro Cop fights...

Seriously...only thai kick the bag for 3 x 12 rounds. Your ass should be sore the next day if you did the kicks correctly.

Seriously...only thai kick the bag for 3 x 12 rounds. Your ass should be sore the next day if you did the kicks correctly.

Seriously this.

There is no secret, just lots of practice needed. As is often quoted on here:

Really? I may not have the best form (but it's not bad), but when I do kick work outs its is normally my quads, the upper side of my thigh (tensor facia lata and glut medius) and my shins... I've never gotten a sore ass from it.

Why do you suppose that is? When do you feel the glut max being used during the kick?

Really? I may not have the best form (but it's not bad), but when I do kick work outs its is normally my quads, the upper side of my thigh (tensor facia lata and glut medius) and my shins... I've never gotten a sore ass from it.

Why do you suppose that is? When do you feel the glut max being used during the kick?

Whenever you throw a kick or knee, your hip should be leading. The pushing of the hips forward activates the gm muscles. I do get a little hip flexor sometimes. Sometimes I don't get sore. But I prior to my last kick camp I hadn't done it in quite some time.

Practice kicking the bag daily, use correct form and power with each shot, use standard weight lifting techniques to strengthen the legs and stretch plenty.

voila

Back