Ways to get a monthly income.

I get about 4 quid a month off my savings account

how about that

Oh, yes, from that point of view I agree with you. In my household we have five properties (so we're pikers compared to you haha) and I've never looked at them for income, though I'm always cash flow positive. I have never incorporated their income into my personal spending.

I believe it's better to borrow more on the rentals (because the interest payments reduce taxable income from the rent) and pay more into my personal residence or retirement accounts (ie: no or deferred tax). Also paying enough money into the rental to make the net monthly income significant means that return on equity is reduced from the point of view of house price appreciation; and a large part of the attraction of real estate is the ability to leverage at low interest (compared to say a margin account at a brokerage or a small business loan).

100% with you. It amazes me how many people think it's extra spending money each month. The best returns also are timing of the market. We have properties selling for 150%-200% of previous sales price within the last 10 years with no major improvements. We just have such a low inventory that prices shot way up.

I was hoping for real good serious answers.

Thought there was a bunch of well off old dudes on this site?

Its an online karate forum dude.

How about working a job?

Invest in a small business/franchise, where you partner with someone. Yo front the cash, they work there and you split revenue.

I know a couple dudes who did ths with Booser Juice franchises. They own like 4 or 5 of them.

Get a job that has a monthly pension once you retire.

I was hoping for real good serious answers.

Thought there was a bunch of well off old dudes on this site?
Well off old dudes didn't become well off by telling other people how to become well off old dudes, though.

lmao @ wanting 10% investment return a month. Is that all? Good luck.

How are your rental properties performing? I own two rentals that give me great cash flow and I’m closing on my third rental next month. I’m not even taking into account principal pay down, tax deductions or appreciation.

You should really reconsider rental properties, they give great returns if you can work the numbers right.

Back