Way To Avoid The Hassle At DUI Checkpoints

Who's to say you're "under the influence" of cough medicine? An arresting officer?

Yeah. If your medication, weather it be prescribed or otc, can lead to impairment, do not take it. If the officer has rpg to suspect you are operating while impaired you get arrested for it. After that it is up to criminal justice system to determine your guilt or lack there of. It really is simple.

Police should have just motioned him over to the side of the road and told him to call his attorney. A few hours and a few hundred dollars later he can be on his way.

Officers Hate Him!

Click to see how an average joe beat a DWI Check Point using one weird trick!

Yeah. If you medication, weather it be prescribed or otc, can lead to impairment, do not take it. If the officer has rpg to suspect you are operating while impaired you get arrested for it. After that it is up to criminal justice system to determine your guilt or lack there of. It really is simple.

No it's really not that simple

I was once pulled over by a "DUI task force" in college town Gainesville, FL just after 2 AM on a Sat night. I was stone cold sober, performed the roadside tests and refused the breathalyzer (because anyone who knows anything about breathalyzers should never blow). I was eventually acquitted by a jury who saw the videotaped roadside tests, but only after months of stress and thousands of dollars in attorney fees (amid studying for finals and trying to figure out how the hell I was now gonna be able to afford to register for next semester). It was anything but a simple experience.

No it's really not that simple

I was pulled over by a "DUI task force" in college town Gainesville just after 2 AM on a Sat night. I was stone cold sober, performed the roadside tests and refused the breathalyzer (because anyone who knows anything about breathalyzers should never blow). I was eventually acquitted by a jury who saw the videotaped roadside tests, but only after months of stress and thousands of dollars in attorney fees. It was anything but a simple experience.

Not sure what the laws are where you are, but here refusing a breath sample carries essentially the same charge as blowing over.

You can however request a blood sample as that is the most accurate way to measure.

you should carry a bottle with you & down it as soon as you get pulled over

only a white guy could get a way with this.

If i tried this, they'd shoot first and read later.

Not sure what the laws are where you are, but here refusing a breath sample carries essentially the same charge as blowing over.

Where you are has bad laws then, because those tests are about as reliable as the test Cung Le failed.

Thus the stay under the limit (bac) part.

it's really not always that simple. Anytime an officer ask "have you had anything to drink tonight?" and your response is, "yes officer, just one beer at dinner", you have now given the officer probable cause to investigate you further. 9 out of 10, you're going to be asked to step out of your vehicle and you'll be asked to take a field sobriety test. Keep in mind that although you may still be sound mind and body overall with just one or two drinks, there are many circumstances that can cause someone to fail a sobriety test in the officers eyes.

Well the laws are the same in every US state. Refusing a breath test isn't a criminal offense, it's a breach of the contract you signed with the DMV. So the DMV can suspend your license and fine you, but the criminal courts cannot punish or adjudicate you guilty of DUI for your refusal to incriminate yourself.

also, this is grandstanding of the highest nature, as you would either have to drive around with that packet perpetually taped to the o/s of your car, or know where all of the checkpoints are ahead of time, rendering this action moot, as you could just avoid them.

I've never had an issue at check points. Maybe it's just because I'm not an asshole to the cops. Yes sir, no sir, ty have a good shift/evening are usually the only words exchanged and am on my way just as quick as said. The less loaded people driving around out there the better.

Back