Way To Avoid The Hassle At DUI Checkpoints

Just cruise right through it officers love that.

I was with my buddy going through one once and the female cop looked like she was waving us through so he kept driving, then she freaked out and held her arms up so he had to brake all hard. She acted like a complete cunt, made us get out of the car and all that. Acted like it had been his fault. I think that's some kind of trick those fuckers use to then have reasonable suspicion to detain you.

I was with my buddy going through one once and the female cop looked like she was waving us through so he kept driving, then she freaked out and held her arms up so he had to brake all hard. She acted like a complete cunt, made us get out of the car and all that. Acted like it had been his fault. I think that's some kind of trick those fuckers use to then have reasonable suspicion to detain you.
when she says that you may leave tell her she only have that job because they needed to fill a diversity quota.

I think the point of contention with those that don't like DUI checkpoints is not that they want to drive around drunk and not be hassled about it. The point of contention is that it's an infringement of your right to travel freely unmolested by unnecessary stopping and questioning and showing your papers to the authorities.

The argument that if you don't have anything to hide, then you shouldn't mind is never going to sit well. DUI checkpoints are not about safety so much as they are about a cash grab to ticket people for all kinds of violations and impound vehicles in the name of Keeping Drunks Off The Road.

Exactly. Citizens should be able to freely travel without being stopped and confronted by the police. If people are okay with being stopped in the car for no reason then they should be okay with stopping random people on the street to check immigration status. But people freak out over that.

Personally, I got fucked over just WALKING home. It was labor day weekend in Chico, California and I was walking home from the bars and looking forward to getting some nachos and watching movies. Some asshole cop stopped me and asked if I had been drinking. I simply said I had been to the bars and was walking home. The cop laughed and said, "You picked the wrong weekend to go out" and arrested me.

The city has all sorts of extra fines and punishment for that weekend and I had to do 40 hours community service and pay over a thousand dollars in fines for walking home buzzed. Unfucking believable.

Exactly. Citizens should be able to freely travel without being stopped and confronted by the police. If people are okay with being stopped in the car for no reason then they should be okay with stopping random people on the street to check immigration status. But people freak out over that.

Personally, I got fucked over just WALKING home. It was labor day weekend in Chico, California and I was walking home from the bars and looking forward to getting some nachos and watching movies. Some asshole cop stopped me and asked if I had been drinking. I simply said I had been to the bars and was walking home. The cop laughed and said, "You picked the wrong weekend to go out" and arrested me.

The city has all sorts of extra fines and punishment for that weekend and I had to do 40 hours community service and pay over a thousand dollars in fines for walking home buzzed. Unfucking believable.

I am glad I do not live in America

I have a friend that just got a DWI because of these checkpoints. She didn't even drink much, as she was driving for her friend for their birthday.

I never really thought about it much, but it's fucking sinful that we allow these checkpoints. It's a complete invasion of privacy. What happened to probable cause or reasonable suspicion? If the checkpoints are for safety(which I assume is the argument), there should be no legal repercussions.

The real problem is how little you can drink and still get a DWI. They've brought the number down so low it's not even realistic at this point.

U-turn will get you pulled over. Turning onto a street before the check point, less likely.

I always thought they tried to set these up so that there is no street to turn onto. I'm sure they can't do that 100% of the time but I always thought they at least tried to do that.

Should've shit in his mouth

Back