Crime Waukegan Illinois police shooting, video, and pending lawsuit.

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
https://www.sfgate.com/news/amp/Woman-shot-by-suburban-Chicago-police-sues-15686302.php

Outside of Chicago, police officers are being sued after a shooting that occurred over the previous weekend. A woman who looks like buckwheat, Tafara Williams, claims they were sitting in a vehicle when they were approached by an officer. She claims the officer just started shooting. But she left out when she first talked to her mother, saying “mama, we was just sitting there when he started shouting.” She left out that they fled from the scene and when officers tried to pull them over further down the road, they again fled and crashed their car. Then as the officer approached, they tried to flee again, and according to the officer, almost struck him when he started firing, or as news calls it “opened fired.” Her boyfriend, Marcellus Stinnette, was killed as he sat in the passenger seat.

She is suing Both the officer that stopped them in the first place and the officer that fired the shots as well as the city, who should have known he was an unfit officer. This is based on a claim by a man who says the officer showed up at a baptism party and tased him. However, that man admits he resisted arrest and plead guilty to the crime. Yeah, sure let’s take his word for it that the officer is unfit-however, to absolutely no one’s surprise, she is represented by professional black ambulance chaser, Ben crump.

They also claim that the officer did not turn on his body camera, showing he intended to shoot them-her in the arm and stomach and her bf in multiple places. Imagine an officer in a pursuit not turning on his body cam. Really? An officer should take his focus off of the suspects that try to run him down after fleeing twice, should have stopped to make sure his camera was on.

The officer was fired for not adhering to policy. I would caution anyone that grabs hold of that fact that these policies are likely the body cam issue and shooting at a moving vehicle and also the political climate.

I will totally give the city and protesters props for remaining peaceful. This is how you protest-not stealing shoes, televisions, and lighting shit on fire like a bunch of animals.

Here is the video:

Should not have shot at people attempting to run him over, it was the wrong thing to do......

Yep. It’s just a car.

I also forgot to mention that the bf either had a warrant or the officer thought he had a warrant. Either way, he told him to get out of the car because he was under arrest. Then Tamara, who was driving took off

Still waiting for that completely innocent person of color to be executed as they claim. This girl flat out said that she and stinnette were just sitting there when the officer started shooting. She has been proven a liar.

Why would anyone want to be a cop?

Still waiting for that completely innocent person of color to be executed as they claim. This girl flat out said that she and stinnette were just sitting there when the officer started shooting. She has been proven a liar.
Just like the "Hands up don't shoot" lie. Obama started a war on cops, the single worst POTUS in US history. The great divider.

Why would anyone want to be a cop?

At this point, I don’t know anymore. I know why I wanted to be a cop, but that doesn’t fit with today’s climate

Just like the "Hands up don't shoot" lie. Obama started a war on cops, the single worst POTUS in US history. The great divider.

I just don’t think it happens very often. They are either fighting, running, fleeing in a car, in the midst of or just committing some violent crime-it’s doesn’t even matter anymore. These clowns riot and loot at the drop of a hat.

the media taught these people who to lie and make it look like racial injustice, when in reality, they fucked up and deserve the punishment. just another example of how certain people are incapable of accepting accountability and prefer playing the victim, even when they are the perpetrator.

I just don’t think it happens very often. They are either fighting, running, fleeing in a car, in the midst of or just committing some violent crime-it’s doesn’t even matter anymore. These clowns riot and loot at the drop of a hat.
ididntdonuthin

I have two close cop friends that have been doing it for close to 20 years. Nobody appreciates the police more than the upstanding people in the inner cities. The narratives the MSM feeds are complete and utter BS.

It's so obvious that 99% of criminals that get into these situations are also wait for it... fucking liars in addition to being felons. Why the general public believes sex offenders, gang bangers and drug addict resisting arrest over the cops and actual body cams shows the state of the country. The Democrat Reich have brain washed the sheep.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/amp/Woman-shot-by-suburban-Chicago-police-sues-15686302.php

Outside of Chicago, police officers are being sued after a shooting that occurred over the previous weekend. A woman who looks like buckwheat, Tafara Williams, claims they were sitting in a vehicle when they were approached by an officer. She claims the officer just started shooting. But she left out when she first talked to her mother, saying “mama, we was just sitting there when he started shouting.” She left out that they fled from the scene and when officers tried to pull them over further down the road, they again fled and crashed their car. Then as the officer approached, they tried to flee again, and according to the officer, almost struck him when he started firing, or as news calls it “opened fired.” Her boyfriend, Marcellus Stinnette, was killed as he sat in the passenger seat.

She is suing Both the officer that stopped them in the first place and the officer that fired the shots as well as the city, who should have known he was an unfit officer. This is based on a claim by a man who says the officer showed up at a baptism party and tased him. However, that man admits he resisted arrest and plead guilty to the crime. Yeah, sure let’s take his word for it that the officer is unfit-however, to absolutely no one’s surprise, she is represented by professional black ambulance chaser, Ben crump.

They also claim that the officer did not turn on his body camera, showing he intended to shoot them-her in the arm and stomach and her bf in multiple places. Imagine an officer in a pursuit not turning on his body cam. Really? An officer should take his focus off of the suspects that try to run him down after fleeing twice, should have stopped to make sure his camera was on.

The officer was fired for not adhering to policy. I would caution anyone that grabs hold of that fact that these policies are likely the body cam issue and shooting at a moving vehicle and also the political climate.

I will totally give the city and protesters props for remaining peaceful. This is how you protest-not stealing shoes, televisions, and lighting shit on fire like a bunch of animals.

Here is the video:

Lol @ 'drive off

The media are hilarious

The cop who got fired is going to win a lawsuit. Body cameras are so important for cops to protect themselves. The media & BLM normalizing resisting/fleeing arrest, and in this case trying to run over a cop, is amazing.

People who are hosed: (1) Good people in lower income minority dominant neighborhoods. The cops can't protect them, and innocent people are suffering, as per recent crime stats. (2) Cops who are in the profession to make people's lives better. I've got two cop friends. One bailed two years ago & retired early because he saw the writing on the wall. The other is going to retire ASAP in a little over a year. Both are outstanding people who have made great contributions to their communities. But all it takes is one criminal to pull a gun on you, or fight during an arrest, or try to run you down in a car, and your career is over & the usual suspects will call for your prosecution. Better to look the other way when there is a crime, or get out on your own terms, but this makes life worse for vulnerable people as per (1) above.

The officer who fired the deadly shots did not properly activate his body camera to capture the shooting. The shooting was not captured on video as a result, which makes it difficult to say whether the shooting was justified. It may have been because a vehicle is deadly, but without seeing the video I'm not comfortable coming to that conclusion.

But just watching the first minute of that video, what kind of immature, unprofessional police work was occurring here? From the video:
Driver: Why?
Police: Because I said.

Gap in video

Police: I ain't playing with you, cuz I know you. Marcellus you're under arrest.
Witness: Why?
Police: Because he has a warrant.

News: ABC7 could not find any open warrants for Marcellus's arrest, and his attorney could not either.

When you tell somebody they are under arrest, the answer cannot be, "Because I said." That is not professional in any setting, but especially not when you're an officer telling somebody they are losing their freedom. When you then go on to tell the person they have a warrant, and according to the news program they do not, it makes me wonder what was wrong with this particular officer, and why he was under the impression he recognized the guy and knew he had a warrant, and why he was unwilling to explain that from the start.

It just seems like a totally botched stop, from a procedural standpoint. It doesn't excuse what happened afterwards, but it certainly doesn't paint the officer in a good light. Hopefully there's a more complete video that shows more professionalism than what we see here.

Back