watching some Ellenberger fights today.

This is not all because of Dana. Gsp wanted to fight Diaz. He's made this very obvious.

It's hilarious how out of the last 50 title shots 47 have been given to the top contender yet two times they give it to guys(both of whom were top 5 fighters) who aren't the #1 contender and people start acting like the Ufc is now pro wrestling. It's kind of funny that these are the types of things that have been going on for decades in mma but now somehow the Ufc is more like pro wrestling. Yes more like pro wrestling than when Brock got a title shot after 1 win in the Ufc.

Chael got a title shot because Hendo, Machida and Shogun all turned down shots with Jones and the Ufc needs to do anything they possibly can to see if they can turn tuf around.

Edgar is by far the most interesting challenger at fw. I don't even see how anyone could complain about Edgar/Aldo. It's one of the 3 or 4 best fights Zuffa can possibly schedule.

Shogun and Machida would have both fought Jones if given a realistic time frame to prepare, and Hendo got injured. So basically what are you talking about?

They only brought in Sonnen for ratings, that's it.

Shogun and Machida would have both fought Jones if given a realistic time frame to prepare, and Hendo got injured. So basically what are you talking about?

They only brought in Sonnen for ratings, that's it.

Hendo turned down Jones in February because he was still injured and no one wants to see Machida or Shogun fight Jones again.

Yes Sonnen was done for ratings but it doesn't suddenly turn the Ufc into pro wrestling. They've done this type of stuff for years. People are just being over dramatic.

Hendo turned down Jones in February because he was still injured and no one wants to see Machida or Shogun fight Jones again.

Yes Sonnen was done for ratings but it doesn't suddenly turn the Ufc into pro wrestling. They've done this type of stuff for years. People are just being over dramatic.

I don't think people are being over dramatic, they just don't want the sport to go down this route. I'm not saying it's the end of the world though.

Edgar is by far the most interesting challenger at fw. I don't even see how anyone could complain about Edgar/Aldo. It's one of the 3 or 4 best fights Zuffa can possibly schedule.

I agree, but I still think it would be fairer to the fighters and the sport if Edgar actually EARNED his title-shot.

I don't think people are being over dramatic, they just don't want the sport to go down this route. I'm not saying it's the end of the world though.

down what route? It's not going to be something that happens all the time and it's something that's happened on occasion before. They'll do it when they are absolutely forced to or when it means a big ppv match up.

The truth is it pisses off hardcore fans but often ends up being good for the company. Hardcore fans were absolutely pissed when Brock got a title shot(shit they were pissed when he was signed) but his signing helped lead to the most successful period in Ufc history.

I really don't think Edgar/Aldo should even be thought of in the same way as Chael/Jones or Diaz/Gsp so that leaves 2 title fights out of the last 50 where they didn't match up the top contender and they were set to hold Hendricks/Gsp if Gsp wouldn't of continually asked for Diaz.

When Diaz/Gsp sells 800,000 ppv plus, which is very likely, and Gsp stomps Diaz people will soon forget. Especially if Hendricks wins and gets his title shot anyways.

When Diaz/Gsp sells 800,000 ppv plus, which is very likely, and Gsp stomps Diaz people will soon forget. Especially if Hendricks wins and gets his title shot anyways.

GSP sells that many PPVs no matter who he faces. Diaz has absolutely nothing to do with the number of PPVs that will be sold. As I've said in other threads, GSP could announce he plans on taking a nap in the middle of the ring for five rounds and it would still sell 700k PPV buys.

Jake is a beast and will give anyone a tough fight at WW. He will be around for a while.

Ellenberger is just as dangerous as Hendricks, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins that fight. I'm ok with either of these guys getting the next shot.

I think he will beat Hendricks, and would pick him in a rematch against Kampmann. I think he is one of the best in the division, up there with Rory, Fitch and Condit.

Back