watching some Ellenberger fights today.

snoop dogg***

Baby Heath goon$quad
Reaction score
He is extremely explosive, its almost insane. His technique is really not that great, but he has crazy power; i really think he can take out Johny.
I like both fighters (although I like Johny slightly more) but ellenberger's strikes just all seem so devastating: punches, knees, elbows. I think the loss to kampmann was kind of weird and Im pretty positive ellenberger would finish him in a rematch.

People forget when GSP was signed to fight Nick and Carlos was signed to fight Baby Jay, Ellenberger was far ahead of Johny for a shot at the belt.

Jake lost one fight and people forget

I would favor Ellenberger over Kampmann in a re-match.

I also favor Ellenberger over Hendricks - ever so slightly

People forget when GSP was signed to fight Nick and Carlos was signed to fight Baby Jay, Ellenberger was far ahead of Johny for a shot at the belt.

I don't know that people forget, it's just that WW is pretty stacked near the top, and so one (somewhat recent) loss pushes a guy down the order a fair bit. I mean, Hendricks can't even get a shot WITHOUT a loss. Fitch waited ages and kept winning hoping for a second chance and that never happened, one bad loss and a draw, then boom! He's at the back of the pack.

It's tough, but that's the nature of WW right now. I think Kampmann, who was probably one win away prior to his loss, would have to win another three or four big fights to get a shot (barring injury).

ellenbergers a beast, kampmann got greats shots on him though and those short punches can really do it. a short right and 2 quick hard muay thai knees. i think ellenberger knocks out johnny, he better go throwing bombs against gsp, cause thats his only shot

Sean_Pierson_vs._Jake_Ellenberger.gif

BOOM!

After Pierson came to the doctor was shining a flashlight in his eyes, he batted the flashlight away and started bouncing on his toes telling the doctor "I'm fine I'm fine, I'm ready to go." then his cornerman whispered something in his ear. He turned his hands up and looked at him confused and said something like "What the hell are you talking about?"

He had no idea the fight had already happened. That's some fucked up power.

Ellenberger is one of my favorite fighters and I think he is a dangerous fight to pretty much everybody in the division. As everyone knows, his weakness is that he gasses a bit if he can't finish the fight in the first 2 rounds, and his striking technique isn't anywhere near the best but makes up for that with his power.

I don't know if he will ever get a title shot and if he does, he will have a very difficult time against GSP (assuming he's still champ) but he has a better chance than most.

Ellenberger is such a beast. His fight with Condit was one of the most underrated and under appreciated fight of all time.

Ellenberger is such a beast. His fight with Condit was one of the most underrated and under appreciated fight of all time.

The first time I watched it I thought the fight could have been stopped once or twice in the first round. Also at the time I thought he won the first round 10-8. Haven't watched the fight again so idk if I would change my mind about that, but it was definitely an exciting fight.

Ellenberger's punching technique is much better than Hendricks'

Ellenberger's punching technique is much better than Hendricks'

I was not impressed with his technique during the kammann fight. he took huge steps and threw wide outside punches.. i was impressed with his power though..

Imagine if he made his boxing more technical and textbook.. with his power, no one at WW would be able to stand with him.

This was an outstanding fight. It was such a close fight. Condit had back-to-back split decisions against Kampmann and Ellenberger. I like the fact that he went 1-1, because both were too close to call.

I was not impressed with his technique during the kammann fight. he took huge steps and threw wide outside punches.. i was impressed with his power though..

Imagine if he made his boxing more technical and textbook.. with his power, no one at WW would be able to stand with him.

Im not saying his technique is perfectly textbook I'm just saying it's better than Hendricks'. So if we're talking about Ellenberger vs Hendricks I don't see the relevance of saying Ellenberger's technique isn't great when Hendricks' is worse. IMO.

This was an outstanding fight. It was such a close fight. Condit had back-to-back split decisions against Kampmann and Ellenberger. I like the fact that he went 1-1, because both were too close to call.

I had Condit edging out the win too. I was impressed with Condit's fighting spirit because a lesser man would have given up.

Well, winning sort of matters. Unless you're Nick Diaz, Chael Sonnen, Frankie Edgar or Randy Couture of course.

I favor Ellenberger against Johnny pretty much everywhere. However I favored Fitch (significantly) and Kamp as well. On paper Ellenberger should beat Johnny but he just keeps proving everyone wrong.

I favor Ellenberger against Johnny pretty much everywhere. However I favored Fitch (significantly) and Kamp as well. On paper Ellenberger should beat Johnny but he just keeps proving everyone wrong.

Yeah I learned my lesson with Hendricks. On paper he was supposed to lose his last 3 bouts but the guy can end the fight in a split second.

Lol at people thinking he'd beat Kammpman in a rematch

Back