Watching Nick Diaz/MMA Hour Interview

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
When asked if he'd be interested in fighting Lawler next. Diaz replied that he wouldn't be interested in that fight because Robbie is coming off a loss.

WTF kind of sense does that make? Diaz is coming off 2 losses and a NC against Silva. He definitely should fight someone coming off a loss as he is.

(possible match ups..)
Robbie Lawler
Matt Brown
Johnny Hendricks
Tim Kennedy at MW?

Nick might as well announce his retirement. Robbie vs Nick II would be awesome.

lol at Diaz fighting someone like Kennedy.

MW, check
Bad match up, check
Boring as fuck, check
No name, check

i

ariel-helwani-cries-banned-ufc-dana-white-ufc-200-brock-lesnar.png

I really want to see the Lawler fight. But he's at a place where he doesn't care about fighting unless the payday is significant. You can't force a guy to fight.

I hope Diaz is just holding out as part of negotiation. I hope he's just trying to get more money for a potential Lawler fight, or something similar. But If Lawler isn't a big enough fight then I don't see many that are.

Don't want: GSP, Sonnen
Want but won't happen: Paul Daley, Hector Lombard
Good with: Lawler, Condit

Diaz was drugged in the GSP fight. It just doesn't make sense why he was off. Plus no PED test for GSP and he was 1 lb over..

Nick doesn't think he loses though. He has an excuse for every fight he lost and that somehow makes them wins in his mind.

Diaz was drugged in the GSP fight. It just doesn't make sense why he was off. Plus no PED test for GSP and he was 1 lb over..
It doesn't make sense? Maybe GSP is just that damn good it throws everyone off. You act like nick is a world beater when he clearly is not.

When asked if he'd be interested in fighting Lawler next. Diaz replied that he wouldn't be interested in that fight because Robbie is coming off a loss.

WTF kind of sense does that make? Diaz is coming off 2 losses and a NC against Silva. He definitely should fight someone coming off a loss as he is.

(possible match ups..)
Robbie Lawler
Matt Brown
Johnny Hendricks
Tim Kennedy at MW?
I think Nick is using a different logic than you. He is saying wins/losses don't matter when you are as big as he is. For other guys it matters as a loss will hurt their stock. Diaz stock is looking like Google right now.

and handwraps, don't forget that!

Diaz Ball Lickers are idiots, dumber than Diaz.

I think Nick is using a different logic than you. He is saying wins/losses don't matter when you are as big as he is. For other guys it matters as a loss will hurt their stock. Diaz stock is looking like Google right now.
Is it though? I know that's how he sees it, but he needs to fight a non title fight, he's nowhere near deserving.

Is it though? I know that's how he sees it, but he needs to fight a non title fight, he's nowhere near deserving.
As weird as it sounds, he is now riding on the coat tails of his little brother. If Nate wasn't big right now I think Nick would have zero leverage. But since he is the OG, and his brother is huge, he has a lot to parlay with. "Deserving" has very little to do with it.

lol at Diaz fighting someone like Kennedy.

MW, check
Bad match up, check
Boring as fuck, check
No name, check
Diaz has fought Middleweight before.

Bad match up/Boring? Why? Both are exciting fighters...

No name? Do you not know what Strikeforce was? He did pretty well there and has been a top 5 middleweight in the UFC before. He also is featured on like 2-3 tv shows and multiple podcasts and radio shows. People know who Tim Kennedy is. What an odd point to try and make.

Diaz has fought Middleweight before.

Bad match up/Boring? Why? Both are exciting fighters...

No name? Do you not know what Strikeforce was? He did pretty well there and has been a top 5 middleweight in the UFC before. He also is featured on like 2-3 tv shows and multiple podcasts and radio shows. People know who Tim Kennedy is. What an odd point to try and make.

Diaz considers everyone not called GSP or Silva 'no names', he said he's not interested in fighting Lalwer because he's coming off a loss FFS

As weird as it sounds, he is now riding on the coat tails of his little brother. If Nate wasn't big right now I think Nick would have zero leverage. But since he is the OG, and his brother is huge, he has a lot to parlay with. "Deserving" has very little to do with it.
it would be unprecedented to have someone 0-2 in their last two fights fight for the title. It's never happened, not once.

I really wanna see nick fight ellenberger next

Back