Movies Watching Lethal Weapon for the first time

How do you rate Lethal Weapon

• 3 <

Results are only viewable after voting.
2 is my favorite of the franchise (love the plotline with Joss Ackland as the villain- DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY) but the original is a classic.

Hell, rare franchise where all four movies are entertaining.

The first two are classics. Back then you were almost guaranteed the second movie in a series would be good.

Until Highlander anyway.

Correct. You also get more backstory about the Mercs; one of them was ex-IRA, for example. And there's a whole chapter about Riggs racing two other cops to Vegas as a bet.

The film itself nearly had a very different ending, as Riggs was originally going to retire and move away from LA.

The movie is GOAT-level, with some of the best dialogue of Mel's career.

Riggs, "I do it real good, you know?"

Murtaugh, "What?"

Riggs, "When I was nineteen, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out...head shot in a high wind. Maybe nine or ten people in the world could have made that shot.

It's the only thing I was ever any good at".

And my personal favourite,

Murtaugh, "God hates me, that's what it is"

Riggs, "Hate him back, it works for me".

Dog shit dialog. A professional sniper wouldn't take a 1000 yard head shot. Even with a 0.5 MOA rifle at a thousand yards you're looking at a 5" grouping. That's a generous estimation of a Vietnam era Special Forces sniper rifle in combat conditions.

No professional sniper would risk a head shot at that range in high wind. Riggs really shows his ass in that dialog if you ask me.

Dog shit dialog. A professional sniper wouldn't take a 1000 yard head shot. Even with a 0.5 MOA rifle at a thousand yards you're looking at a 5" grouping. That's a generous estimation of a Vietnam era Special Forces sniper rifle in combat conditions.

No professional sniper would risk a head shot at that range in high wind. Riggs really shows his ass in that dialog if you ask me.
*pssst*

It isn't real.

First time I saw Lethal Weapon was at a friends house in 1996. His VCR had a slow motion button and mine at home didn’t. This feature came in handy during that nude scene.

My friend's family had a really sweet VCR, too. His father was a real stickler for having the best of whatever there was. His father was always unboxing and setting up something when I came over to their place. He'd go into these lectures about quality, and "doing it right the first time". My friend recorded a Whitesnake video from Headbanger's Ball. The VCR had a really great pause and frame advance. You could Tawny Kitaen's cooter when she writing around on the cars. Remarkable. His father was absolutely correct.

*pssst*

It isn't real.

stillrealtome.jpg

Maybe the torso was behind cover.

Yup it was the director's cut
Dude, you gotta watch the normal version first. Otherwise, none of us can really relate to your experience. You're watching a movie similar yet different to the one we all grew up with bro. The Riggs who killed a sniper is basically an alternate-reality Riggs, but this is now the only Riggs you know. Plus, think about all the people who read your post and began questioning their own memories and sanity as they tried to recall Riggs killing a sniper.

Dude, you gotta watch the normal version first. Otherwise, none of us can really relate to your experience. You're watching a movie similar yet different to the one we all grew up with bro. The Riggs who killed a sniper is basically an alternate-reality Riggs, but this is now the only Riggs you know. Plus, think about all the people who read your post and began questioning their own memories and sanity as they tried to recall Riggs killing a sniper.

It was the version that came with this 5 movie set I bought last week. It's the only version I know, now. I hope the sequel comes with the directors cut and I'm gonna make you watch me watch it. Live with it for the rest of your life.

Fuckin Love that movie. Powerful performance by Mel, elevating the genre, and an unbelievable lightning in a bottle chemistry between the two leads which was a powerful enough energy source to run endless sequels off of. Then just to top it off, the Gracies bring triangles to Hollywood. A true classic

It was the version that came with this 5 movie set I bought last week. It's the only version I know, now. I hope the sequel comes with the directors cut and I'm gonna make you watch me watch it. Live with it for the rest of your life.
It's different for me, bro, because I was already initiated into the original version, so I can distinguish between the Riggs and Murtaugh of the mainstream timeline and their alternate reality counterparts without getting my realities twisted up and getting sucked into some bizarre mishmash of timelines. You need to go back and see the unvarnished theatrical cut while you still have a chance, otherwise you're going to end up stuck with an alternate reality Riggs and Murtaugh as your mainstream Riggs and Murtaugh and forever think of the normal timeline as an alternate one.

You're talking about a deleted scene like it really happened, bro. That only occurred in the "What If...?" reality of the Director's Cut.

It's different for me, bro, because I was already initiated into the original version, so I can distinguish between the Riggs and Murtaugh of the mainstream timeline and their alternate reality counterparts without getting my realities twisted up and getting sucked into some bizarre mishmash of timelines. You need to go back and see the unvarnished theatrical cut while you still have a chance, otherwise you're going to end up stuck with an alternate reality Riggs and Murtaugh as your mainstream Riggs and Murtaugh and forever think of the normal timeline as an alternate one.

In my world, you're in the alternative universe....

<TheWire1>

In my world, you're in the alternative universe....

<TheWire1>
There was that episode of GI Joe, where a few Joes traveled to another timeline. Steeler decided to stay, because he found out his alternate identity, that died, was banging the Baroness in that timeline. So he eased right up in there. It was a pretty lusty dimension. The females in Cobra wore some great uniforms.
171215d1478446521-parallel-universe-leila-capture1.png

I didn't remember that scene either

Plus the 1st scene in the goddamn movie is in Long Beach where I was born 10/10

i think Braveheart was Gibson's best movie by far...after watching Lethal Weapon I would agree...but it's a decent watchable movie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back