Watching Highlander Endgame for the first time

shinobimusashi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Right now and it looks really great on my 65 inch 4K curve. I'm only a few minutes into it, I'll come back to this thread when I'm done, so far I'm impressed though, this looks way better than that turd Highlander 2. Whats the story on this one? Adrian Paul is my favorite.

is that the one with mario van pebbles in it?

It's generally held in low regard, but it has a couple decent moments to it.

is that the one with mario van pebbles in it?

That was Highlander III: The Sorcerer. This is the one with Bruce Payne (Passenger 57) as the villain.

It was all downhill after Highlander 2: The Quickening. Why would they make another?

CWWn0FuW4AIYWbp.png

Just finished it. Man I actually liked it. It wasn't great or anything but it was good, looks and sounds excellent on my soundbar/4K set up.

I took my brother to see it in theaters. We both enjoyed it but it's not the first film nor is it the TV series. If I was to rate it with the others it'd go:

Highlander
Highlander: Endgame
Highlander 3: The Sorcerer/ The Final Dimension
Highlander 2: The Quickening
Highlander: The Source

It's generally held in low regard, but it has a couple decent moments to it.

The action scenes(especially those with Donnie Yen in them) are generally very well done is the main positive, Bruce Payne makes a pretty good villain as swell. All the watcher stuff on the TV show always seemed overly geekish to me though.

I actually loved Jacob Kell as the villain. He was super badass, but in a non-brute sort of way. He was just so, so ridiculously overpowered.....I loved it. I just wish they wouldn't have portrayed Connor as a depressed emotional wreck and shell of himself, and Duncan as a depressed emo stalker. With the epicness of the two Highlanders teaming up, I wanted to see Connor portrayed as the confident badass he was in Highlander 1 and 3, and Duncan as the unbeatable problem solver of Season 3 and 4. And then STILL make Kell too strong for them. That would have been way more badass than the way they went.

Anyway, Endgame was an excellent story in theory that got shafted by weak execution.

Fun fact...... Jacob Kell is the only immortal to ever legitimately defeat Duncan MacLeod in a swordfight. (I mean established Duncan, not new-to-the-game Duncan).

It was the best of the sequels which isnt saying much lol

The main villain was real entertaining though

It was the best of the sequels which isnt saying much lol

The main villain was real entertaining though

Bruce Payne is a good actor.

It's worth noting, with all the mention of Highlander sequels, that a feature-length Highlander anime film came out around 2007. If it is to be included, I would say it is probably the best Highlander film that isn't the original. It's not great, but it's all right.

It was pretty awesome. I still liked highlander 1 and the tv show much better but it’s good.

Fun fact...... Jacob Kell is the only immortal to ever legitimately defeat Duncan MacLeod in a swordfight. (I mean established Duncan, not new-to-the-game Duncan).

Technically incorrect. That was one on the TV show that had him dead to rights (on his hands and knees, neck exposed and unarmed), but he decided instead to monologue and give Duncan time to regroup and finish the job. Duncan lost that fight straight up, the bad guy just got cocky and lost the war.

Technically incorrect. That was one on the TV show that had him dead to rights (on his hands and knees, neck exposed and unarmed), but he decided instead to monologue and give Duncan time to regroup and finish the job. Duncan lost that fight straight up, the bad guy just got cocky and lost the war.

Do you remember the name of the villain? Or the season?

Do you remember the name of the villain? Or the season?

Sadly no. I know it was a fight in a sulfur mine or something. And I believe the line was "when I'm bad, I'm bad. But when I'm good, I'm real good" or some such corny nonsense.

Sadly no. I know it was a fight in a sulfur mine or something. And I believe the line was "when I'm bad, I'm bad. But when I'm good, I'm real good" or some such corny nonsense.

I believe that was grayson . Dont remember him saying anythung but he had duncam crawling away swordless

Grayson vs Duncan was in a mine.

But Grayson never beat Duncan. Duncan rolled off the conveyor belt into the pit and grabbed his sword and started crawling away as Grayson was coming up on him from about 25 feet away (Grayson jumped off the conveyor belt after Duncan kicked him). But then Duncan wins not too long after that. At no point did Grayson win or have any major upper hand. The closest he came to winning is when he knocked the sword out of Duncan's hand but Duncan quickly kicks him right after that and rolls off the belt.

When I said Kell was the only one to ever defeat Duncan, I mean he literally defeated him outright -done- and was about to kill him, but then stopped and decided that Duncan would inherit Conor's "curse" so he walked away and left Duncan alive. He had him dead to rights and could have easily taken his head. No one has ever put Duncan in such a position before. He's had some tough fights where it was close (such as Grayson) but never to the point of outright losing.

i did some goggling

duncan was also defeated by Otavio Consone who was about to kill him before someone intervened.

That was The Vampire episode in season 2 where the bad guy said that. They fought at the end at an old dog track and it was the first daytime quickening.

Needed way more Donnie Yen.

Back