Watching Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I went in to this with zero understanding what the plot is and not having watched the trailer. It feels like two movies in one. That and shit got dark real quick! There is a Harvey Weinstein before the whole Harvey Weinstein debacle.

I am speechless, we have Daniel Craig and the tattoo chick. Movie is long as hell and I am confused about the plot line here. Its weird, too different plots that have nothing to do with each other but looks good!

Movie is awful, but book is amazing. The movie is like 2/3rd of the book if I remember correctly

The one with Noomi Rapace is better.

I bought it on Blu-ray before I saw it and I’ve only watched it once. It’s pretty meh

Fincher rankings:

1. FIght Club
2. Se7en
3. Panic Room
4. Zodiac
5. The Game
6. Gone Girl
7. Social Network
8. Girl With Dragon Tats
9. Alien 3
10. Benjamin Button

I liked it a lot. Fincher is one of the greats if I'm being honest.

Craig and Mara were both damn good in my opinion.

My only complaint is

the movie should end very shortly after Stellan gets got and Joely Richardson's character's identity is revealed. The additional fifteen minutes after that sets up the sequel that never occurred I suppose but just feels overlong and unnecessary.

Really dug the Bonde-esque opening and while covering Zep really is kind of tough, I thought Atticus, Trent and Karen O. did a cool job. Wonder if having that title credits scene was influenced by the fact that Bond himself was in the movie.

Also, movie completely changed this song lol. It's like listening to Jessie's Girl after watching Boogie Nights

Fincher rankings:

1. FIght Club
2. Se7en
3. Panic Room
4. Zodiac
5. The Game
6. Gone Girl
7. Social Network
8. Girl With Dragon Tats
9. Alien 3
10. Benjamin Button

I love Zodiac. Probably a top 2 or 3 for me.

Watch the original. This was a pointless remake, that while well made, only subtracted elements from the original, that was equally well made.

I loved the original, and don’t intend to watch the remake.

I can't remember. Hacker chick falls for a Swedish journalist investigating a cold case iirc. Idunno, all I remember is that I liked seeing Rooney Mara naked... I liked seeing Noomi Rapace naked even more though!

Last edited:
Awful movie but banged my date that night. It was worth it. Dont remember shit bout the movie. I was blazed..

Movie is awful, but book is amazing. The movie is like 2/3rd of the book if I remember correctly

Which movie? I've watched all 3 originals, with englinsh dubs, and they were really good. I haven't seen the american version.

Fincher rankings:

1. FIght Club
2. Se7en
3. Panic Room
4. Zodiac
5. The Game
6. Gone Girl
7. Social Network
8. Girl With Dragon Tats
9. Alien 3
10. Benjamin Button

Social Network should be higher but I got no problem with Fight Club being numero uno

Back