Watched UFC Reloaded lastnight

TDS2010

White Belt
Reaction score
They re-aired 165 last night and of course I watched Jones-Gus again. I have decided the only round in question was round 4. Other than that it was 2-2. I still think Jones won and it was obvious Gus never fully recovered from the end of that round. In 5 Gus tried to mount some offense but was visibly gassed. Its different watching a fight and trying to see where those that thought Gus won found their reasoning. When I put myself in the mindset that Gus won the fight, I found myself noticing how effective Jones elbows and head kicks were. Gus was able to stick the jab all night though. Just some thoughts.

...so the only round in question was the one where Jones blasted Gus in the face with a spinning elbow that nearly put him to sleep....?

...so the only round in question was the one where Jones blasted Gus in the face with a spinning elbow that nearly put him to sleep....?

I would say yes because if you read my post I tried to watch from the perspective of someone who thought Gus won. Like I said before I had Jones winning the fight and still do.

A short while ago, I checked to see how all the mma online sites scored the fight. It was 18-1 in favor of Jones. That is pretty overwhelming. I simply didn't understand the so called big controversy. Is it that Gus simply did a lot better than expected, so many think he won, because of that. Or do some people actually think gus won that fight?

I know the fight was close. But in my mind, Jones clearly won. If this was in pride, there wouldn't even be a debate. More points are and should be awarded for the fighter who closes stronger. And who dominates a round, merely just barely winning it.
The first 3 rounds were close, but in the 4th, Jones had Gus badly hurt, almost out on his feet. He was only seconds away from being stopped. and the 5th round, jones also clearly won, but not quite as dominating.

They re-aired 165 last night and of course I watched Jones-Gus again. I have decided the only round in question was round 4. Other than that it was 2-2. I still think Jones won and it was obvious Gus never fully recovered from the end of that round. In 5 Gus tried to mount some offense but was visibly gassed. Its different watching a fight and trying to see where those that thought Gus won found their reasoning. When I put myself in the mindset that Gus won the fight, I found myself noticing how effective Jones elbows and head kicks were. Gus was able to stick the jab all night though. Just some thoughts.

Round 4 is the only round that isnt in question.....Gus almost went out.....It was a great fight but Gus fell short. He needed to knock Jones out and couldnt..?..after DC beats Nelson he needs to fight Gus...

Really? I thought the complete opposite of round 4.

I previously gave Jones the fourth, and thusly the fight.
But after re-watching last night I gave the 4th to Gus.

Watching it live I thought that elbow was devastating and that the whole last minute+ was Jones. But, knowing it was coming, the elbow wasn't as nasty as I remembered, and neither was what happened after. In fact, I also recognized how good the rest of the round was for Gus.

As for the goomba who brought up Pride scoring earlier: this isn't Pride. Fuck yo fanboy, bias judging.

Round 4 is the only round that isnt in question.....Gus almost went out.....It was a great fight but Gus fell short. He needed to knock Jones out and couldnt..?..after DC beats Nelson he needs to fight Gus...

round 4 was close because yes jones finished the round strong but he lost the first 80% of it first. i can see jones winning no problem but landing one good strike that didnt even score a knockdown doesnt assure you a round it merely makes it debatable.

The reason why the 4th is in question is because Gus lit him up for over 80% of that round.

I'll preface this by saying that while I respect Jones and love watching him, I can't stand the guy. Anyway, I just watched it last night for the first time. After reading all of the complaints about judging, I was expecting to see a robbery. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I watched it and did not see Gus winning. The rounds were all pretty close, in my opinion and that all comes down to what those particular judges are looking for. I wouldn't have been shocked if Gus had won, but a person could justify the fight either way.

you mention that round 4 is the only one that was in question, but for me I easily scored that round for Gus due to the totality of the round. Jones got peppered and outstruck for the majority of the round then landed a few good shots in the last minute, but never scored a knockdown. I don't count that as winning a round

Everyones different responses to my "round 4 is the only one in question" solidifies my point. It all depends on what you value more. Activity/percentage of landed strikes or damage.

The way Gus gassed in the last round...

I'm still... I don't know what phrase I'm looking for... Taken aback?

It was like it all just suddenly hit him all at once and he was instantly exhausted.

Back