Watched the fight at the movie theater

That was rough. The Goldenboy PPV had two broads doing the between fight banter, and neither one of them knew anything about boxing. At one point, the camera showed Tommy Hearns on the screen and neither girl knew who he was. One used the excuse "I need my glasses", even though she had no problem picking out all the movie stars and basketball players. Then she came back later and, I shit you not, said "Sorry to Marvin Hagler earlier, I need to put on my glasses."

They kept tripping over their words, too. Even my wife was saying they should shut their traps.

Then the fights starts and I heard Kevin Kelley commentating. My ears started bleeding.
I listened to Roy Jones Jr and the other two guys who knew their shit. Commentary was solid.

I listened to Roy Jones Jr and the other two guys who knew their shit. Commentary was solid.

Ooo la la look at me, I had actual professionals commentating for my money.

fuck you goldenboy ppv

Yeah, i think over here in the UK it is a bit different as we have a completely different pricing model.

Most PPVs cost around £16, i think the Mayweather-McGreggor was £19.95, so it would need to be less than that to attract anyone(and i dont think anyone would go to the US shows(other than probably me) as it is so cheap to buy the PPV in your own home.

And a lot of UK based fights are shown in bars/pubs and they get packed out on good fight nights.

I'd still love to go to a cinema to watch a figth with like minded fight fans though, rather than drunken assholes down the boozer.

had to absorb all that to fire back something intelligent - here goes

1. Right, I share fcbook friends with several combat sports fans from the UK, and they always laugh their butt off when I tell them what it costs over here for PPV and etc (for the record, Canelo-GGG2 was $84.99). On that note, perhaps the rise of PPV cost is turning off bars to getting fights. You know my story - I went to a bar with the intention of watching Nelo vs Golovkin only to find out they were not showing it - but had the Canelo-GGG2 fight poster standees (go figure) before going with my back up plan of the movie theater (more on that later, you'll like)

2. Just spit balling ideas, but fans do travel for fights - a dude from the UK I know traveled over to see the Mayweather-Hatton fight & I found out two of my fcbook friends flew in to attend Canelo-GGG rematch. Why not do that, but see it at a movie theater instead? You'd obviously have to do a bit of research beforehand and make sure it's showing in a theater nearby. But shucks why not?

Plus what you'd save on tickets, you could spend back and sight see a bit. Though I can't say how many Vegas movie theaters would be showing a big fight (and it's after the fact with Canelo-GGG 2 so hard to say)

had to absorb all that to fire back something intelligent - here goes

1. Right, I share fcbook friends with several combat sports fans from the UK, and they always laugh their butt off when I tell them what it costs over here for PPV and etc (for the record, Canelo-GGG2 was $84.99). On that note, perhaps the rise of PPV cost is turning off bars to getting fights. You know my story - I went to a bar with the intention of watching Nelo vs Golovkin only to find out they were not showing it - but had the Canelo-GGG2 fight poster standees (go figure) before going with my back up plan of the movie theater (more on that later, you'll like)

2. Just spit balling ideas, but fans do travel for fights - a dude from the UK I know traveled over to see the Mayweather-Hatton fight & I found out two of my fcbook friends flew in to attend Canelo-GGG rematch. Why not do that, but see it at a movie theater instead? You'd obviously have to do a bit of research beforehand and make sure it's showing in a theater nearby. But shucks why not?

Plus what you'd save on tickets, you could spend back and sight see a bit. Though I can't say how many Vegas movie theaters would be showing a big fight (and it's after the fact with Canelo-GGG 2 so hard to say)

I hear you, but for the amount it costs to fly over to the states and book somewhere to stay, an extra £400 is not going to really make a dent in the trip. But if you were doing a trip to the states and it coincided with a big fight, that would be a great idea.

I have a big family, so travelling anywhere costs me a fair bit if i want to take them with me, which i would most certainly want to if was going to the states.

I hear you, but for the amount it costs to fly over to the states and book somewhere to stay, an extra £400 is not going to really make a dent in the trip. But if you were doing a trip to the states and it coincided with a big fight, that would be a great idea.

I have a big family, so travelling anywhere costs me a fair bit if i want to take them with me, which i would most certainly want to if was going to the states.

Right, underlined & bolded is what I'm saying. In that regard NYC might be better when it comes to seeing a big fight at theaters (because I dunno how many Vegas theaters would be showing them)

**but just to think Canelo-GGG rematch was the first boxing PPV this year

Back