watched jds vs cain 2 for the 3rd time

JDS vs Cain 1 = 1 win and KOTN bonus
JDS vs Cain 2 = 1 win

JDS/Cain 1 > JDS/Cain 2

Actually Cain vs JDS II proved ho was really the better Fighter.

i just watched this fight for the 3rd time so i can triple check my thoughts before posting. i have seen alot of people on here say cain couldnt knock out jds. if you watch the fight closely i counted twice once in the 3rd and once in the 4th where it looked like jds legs buckles and he was going to falland is or was out of it. the only thing that saved him was when he was going to fall cain pushed him against the cage keeping his body up with his shoulder. did anyone else see or notice that

You must be bored.

Cain did not finish Junior, though. That's a fact. Junior finished Cain, though. That's a fact.

lol wtf is this?

at the beginning of the first round, both fighters should be as close to equally fresh as you could possibly get. After that, cardio plays a bigger factor.

Its far more impressive to stop someone in the first round than grapplefuck someone for 5. It's incredibly hard to catch someone with a good power shot when they are at full power, full cardio, full speed.

its not hard to beat a guy up thats completely gassed. If anything you got it completely backwards

Remember that the next time GSP fights

Yeah, it's the new thing. Decisions trump stoppages, except for the WW division.

Ask Nog about that heavy hand.
Getting dismantled for 5 rounds is far worse than a ko anyway.
So you're saying if JDS had a weak chin (like JDS vs Cain 1) and went unconcious in the first round, that would look *better* for him? Logic, not even once!

Cain absolutely demolished JDS. JDS has to be the toughest SOB at HW. that was Cains best showing, and absolutely brutal. JDS defied the knockout Cain would have had over a lesser opponent.

pretty much a good summary of the fight and both fighters

Too many fairweather fans. Just because Cain won the last matchup, it does not dictate how a possible 3rd matchup will go since game-plans are likely to change.

Too many fairweather fans. Just because Cain won the last matchup, it does not dictate how a possible 3rd matchup will go since game-plans are likely to change.

exactly. Cain could get wrecked in his next defense, the sport changes like that

Cain is not heavy handed, that's already proven. If you have a true heavy handed guy like Carwin or Igor pounding on any man like Cain did on so many of his opponents, that's a guaranteed tko stoppage. Does it matter much? I don't think so. Cain's got the speed and cardio that many hw wish they had. He just swarms on you and his pace is ridiculous. I am not bashing Cain btw, I'm just pointing out that ko power is not his forte, he's got so many other attributes that makes him the best hw today.

btw history tells us that whenever a trilogy takes place(and both guys are in their prime), they guy that wins the 2nd fight will most likely win the third. I'd go with Cain if a third fight takes place.

Last edited:
Ask Nog about that heavy hand.

The fact that Cain may never knock out JDS means nothing. Getting dismantled for 5 rounds is far worse than a ko anyway.

Agree 100%. The beating that Cain put on JDS was absolutely awesome to see. Had Cain knocked out JDS in round 1, people would think Cain got lucky and that JDS is still the better fighter. This fight showed that Cain really is better than JDS everywhere and is the much better fighter.

Hate people thinking a flash KO is more definitive and shows who truly is a better fighter than an absolute thumping akin to Cain/JDS 2

exactly. Cain could get wrecked in his next defense, the sport changes like that

I don't know what the odds are, but imagine how awesome would be if JDS would win the trilogy against Cain.
And then Cain the tetralogy.

And then the pentalogy would go to....

Just fantasizing, but it would be UFC's "hall of fame Hystory" for sure.

Back