Watch the Radar: Juanma Lopez vs. Ponce de Leon

Kamehameha

Boricua
Reaction score
http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EkpZypuppEIqkfzmEJ.html

this fight should be excellent. Lopez is one of the best prospects out of Puerto Rico but relatively untested w/ top tier talent. This is his first major title fight but he has great boxer-puncher skills w/ decent pop. PDL will be the favorite but he hasn't improved hardly at all. Lopez has a great chance vs. the windmill, that is if his inexperience and chin hold up.

for those who don't kno Lopez, i believe there are a few clips on youtube w/ him. Also interesting to note he's from Caguas, same as Cotto.

Ponce De Leon may be the least skilled champ in any weight class.

Ponce De Leon...
constantly on/
the fountain of youth not robotron/

*can't help myself*

Juanma is completely and totally overrated. I don't see anything close to special talent in the kid.

That ombined with Ponce's complete lack or orthodox skill, makes this a decent fight.

I thought it could be pretty good, too, but I didn't know everybody didn't like Ponce that much.....

Ponce is just ugly, dude. Horrible in fact. But mtch him right, and it can be good fun. I think he's matched well here.

OK. Maybe it will be a good fight.

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EkpZypuppEIqkfzmEJ.html

this fight should be excellent. Lopez is one of the best prospects out of Puerto Rico but relatively untested w/ top tier talent. This is his first major title fight but he has great boxer-puncher skills w/ decent pop. PDL will be the favorite but he hasn't improved hardly at all. Lopez has a great chance vs. the windmill, that is if his inexperience and chin hold up.

for those who don't kno Lopez, i believe there are a few clips on youtube w/ him. Also interesting to note he's from Caguas, same as Cotto.

man...i was going to make a thread about this fight.

i like juan and his skills. my only question is if they're rushing him. he has fought a ton of nobodies but has eliminated the nobodies.

Come on, give PDL some credit, he may not be textbook but he is 34-1 with 30KO's and has beaten good competition and sometimes in highlight reel fashion.:icon_chee

What good competition has Ponce beat in good fashion?

Come on, give PDL some credit, he may not be textbook but he is 34-1 with 30KO's and has beaten good competition and sometimes in highlight reel fashion.:icon_chee

Just because somebody is 34-1 doesn't make them good.

I think Bautista was rushed to quick for that fight. Should have given him another year at least. Ponce is mainly dangerous because of aggression and punching power- very unorthodox kind of like Sam Soliman (don't know why that came to my mind).

i really like Ponce de Leon before the Eduardo Escobedo fight he was in most top 25 p4p lists 21 in boxrec i believe .

yeah he was terrible against a reality unknown but he's nearly always entertaining .

i wondering is he struggling to make the weight cause he's fairly big imo for super bantam.

he;s not close to the worst titlest not even in the top 10 . the super bantam weight he just probably along with welter weight is the best division in boxing

No shit, I was him to have his rematch with Celestinasd'fasdfakjdf Caba'asjdfasjdflkas so he can beat his ass!

Back