Watch Dogs, Discussion Thread

Looks like a flop to me.

People are going to expect an improved GTA and it looks like more strategy based when it comes to missions.. You can see a strong AC influence.. Gameplay doesn't impress me at all. I'll pick it up if its 15 bucks in a couple months.

The driving mechanics look bad. You can crash into walls and other cars and not lose any momentum.

After watching a bit of gameplay looks kinda average. It will. Probably be a decent game just not the game that blew me away at E3.

Anyone here played Sleeping Dogs? This reminds me a lot of that game, even has "dog" in the title.

Looks like a flop to me.

People are going to expect an improved GTA and it looks like more strategy based when it comes to missions.. You can see a strong AC influence.. Gameplay doesn't impress me at all. I'll pick it up if its 15 bucks in a couple months.

Won't be $15 for like at least a year or prob more. AAA games prices don't drop that fast.

Watched the game review on Conan. Looks kinda sketchy.

Not being cynical here, but why is everyone saying things like "flop" and "disappointed" I thought, and still think after watching the videos, that it looks like a really good game.

because on the internet it's either god's golden balls or the shittiest fucking piece of shit that was ever shitfucked. this is especially true with gamers and the opinions they are going to post.

So I watched gameplay for about an hour on the ps4.. many people were streaming it.. and wow. It just doesnt look that fun.

Travel seems clunky, and the driving seems really bad. This guy was driving like a maniac into walls and stuff and theres almost no impact, its like the cars hit the wall and thats it. Hard to describe.

The graphics also seemed way worse than any of the gameplay videos, and looks perfectly on par with GTA V in my opinion.

It just didnt seems fun at all, and seemed off in execution.

I think I might rent it one day but I no longer feel I have to play it.

Looks boring as shit. Haven't you guys got enough of this game style through all the Grand Theft Autos.

It's GTA with gimmicks.

[YT]ZE6OnFKxdi4[/YT]

Watch Dogs PC gameplay on max settings (or Ultra)...

[YT]jpUcncZc4rI[/YT]

PC Details:
GTX 780ti
i7 3770k (4.5ghz)
16 GB GDDR3 2400 Mhz
2x SSD OCZ Vertex4 256 GB
MSI Z77 MPower

Last edited:
When it was first announced I was really hyped, but as time has gone on I've lost a ton of interest. I think a big part of it was that it was originally going to be the first "next gen"game. Now that we're past all that sheen I don't see anything special about this.

Part of me questions if I'd even want to play this over GTA or Infamous that I currently am working on.

Agreed. The E3 gameplay looked real. Now it just looks like a GTA clone.

This game looks completely under whelming. I expect some cool concepts followed by a bunch of completely repetitive side missions which will inevitably make it like every other sand box game out there.

because on the internet it's either god's golden balls or the shittiest fucking piece of shit that was ever shitfucked. this is especially true with gamers and the opinions they are going to post.

Lost so hard. Still lost

preordered on steam but couldn't resist to play early , finished the story which is probably around 12 hours but theres a shit ton of side stuff to do like gta but easily 9/10 would of gave it 10/10 just the story falters a little bit , for me this easily trumps gta

For the people who pre-ordered on Steam, they moved the download to 12 tomorrow night.

If I ever forget how truly fucking moronic gamers are, I'll remember to come back and read this thread.

Anyone here played Sleeping Dogs? This reminds me a lot of that game, even has "dog" in the title.

Sleeping Dogs is better than this

The concept for Watch Dogs is pretty cool but it ultimately fall a bit on it's face. I think a sequel is going to be better if there is one , much like how Assassin Creed II improved a lot from AC I

Back