Wasted talents

Victor Ortiz; talented and skilled, but too much of a headcase

It doesn't feel quite right to say his name but I'd mention Mike McCallum. He never got a chance to get into the mix with the four kings.
Thought I was gonna have to say it first regarding Vic. He was the first one to come to mind for me as well. For who he looked like he was gonna be and the projections ppl had for him in the early part of his career compared to what he actually became was pretty disappointing imo.

Devon Alexander was another guy who was supposed to be the next big thing, had all the tools but could never really put it all together, either.

I mentioned this guy the other day but Joan Guzman should've been a truly great fighter imo, he had the latent but never got his shit together for long enough to really leave a mark like he should've.

Thought I was gonna have to say it first regarding Vic. He was the first one to come to mind for me as well. For who he looked like he was gonna be and the projections ppl had for him in the early part of his career compared to what he actually became was pretty disappointing imo.

Devon Alexander was another guy who was supposed to be the next big thing, had all the tools but could never really put it all together, either.

I mentioned this guy the other day but Joan Guzman should've been a truly great fighter imo, he had the latent but never got his shit together for long enough to really leave a mark like he should've.

Devon really was disappointing. I watched too many of his bouts thinking "maybe he'll actually fight in this one" but nope. Even when he was better than his opponent, he still just played it safe. Probably the most boring fighter I've seen in the last 10 years.

Edwin Valero. I don't think he was ever gonna beat Pac but he was a really good fighter at SFW and we never really saw what he could have been.

Back