Wasn't Cormier ahead in strikes after the third????

Also on strikes to the ref. It was a blowout.

dgRRTUc.gif

yeah cormier definitely won. jones kept cheating with that reach all night and swayed the dumb judges. i can't wait until dana fixes it.

fixes what? reach advantage?

you might be waiting a long time.

Cormeir was putting up a good fight until he gased.

Honestly I thought Cormier won only round 2 out of the first 3. Giving him, 3rd and especially 1st is bad judging imo.

I don't know if i was too drunk but i remember seeing something around 100 strikes for Cormier and less for Jones at the end of the third??

In the 4th and 5th literally nothing happened.
I don't even know if both of them landed 1 single strike(besides the ones after the bell).

There was just so much hugging...

Cormier definitely lost the championship rounds. You can't win a belt by losing those rounds.

And, yes, too much hugging. That's the problem with lighter HWs cutting weight. That salty blood kills their cardio.

The fight was boring about halfway through and on.

I'm my book Cormier was way ahead rounds 1-3, only thing keeping Jones in the game rounds 1-3 were oblique kicks and a few elbows. Cormier blocked every head kick an dominated the clinch imo. I don't know why defending takedowns and a single brief takedown gets Jones rounds 1,2,3 when in terms of aggression and effective striking I think Cormier was much more effective until he gassed. Cormier was ahead on headstrikes at the beginning of round 4 and the total strikes were close mostly due to ineffective and blocked kicks from Bones.

It was a grueling fight and Bones deserves credit for on the whole for matching Comier's wrestling, however I think the judges seem to award more points for flashy strikes at distance rather than Cormier's strikes in the clinch which I think were actually more plentiful and effective than anything Bones did rnds 1,2,3.

I saw it the same way, still very good fight from Jones. But I might have judged that wrong, I was surprised when DC corner told him he has to finish the fight before the last round, I thought it was at least 2:2.

I had DC taking round 2 and 3, and the only thing that happened in the 5th was DC's big slam....so whatevs.

1 - edge to Jones but a toss up
2 - Cormier
3 - Cormier
4 - Jones
5 - Jones but just about nothing happened?

This was a close fight. If DC didn't take a coffee break in round 4 he would likely be wearing a belt today. What was shocking is seeing DC get taken down and held against the cage - that was round 4. None of that went on in round 5, where we saw DC do the same wall-n-stall tactic to Jones.

Round 4 decided that fight (for me) and it was Jones who was able to dig deep in the championship rounds. In a 3 round fight I would have said DC was the clear winner.

Also, eye poke for momentum change. Oh Jon.

I thought it was 2-1 Cormier after three rounds. Still not sure why no one is giving him Round 3.

1 - edge to Jones but a toss up
2 - Cormier
3 - Cormier
4 - Jones
5 - Jones but just about nothing happened?

This was a close fight. If DC didn't take a coffee break in round 4 he would likely be wearing a belt today. What was shocking is seeing DC get taken down and held against the cage - that was round 4. None of that went on in round 5, where we saw DC do the same wall-n-stall tactic to Jones.

Round 4 decided that fight (for me) and it was Jones who was able to dig deep in the championship rounds. In a 3 round fight I would have said DC was the clear winner.

Also, eye poke for momentum change. Oh Jon.

Sherdog play by play had the same score as the judges. The 2 & 3 were really close to me I just went ahead and assumed Cormier won them but didn't really know. First I thought it was clear Jones won that round.

Back