Wasn't Cormier ahead in strikes after the third????

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't know if i was too drunk but i remember seeing something around 100 strikes for Cormier and less for Jones at the end of the third??

In the 4th and 5th literally nothing happened.
I don't even know if both of them landed 1 single strike(besides the ones after the bell).

There was just so much hugging...

He was ahead at the beginning of the third I think.

I'm my book Cormier was way ahead rounds 1-3, only thing keeping Jones in the game rounds 1-3 were oblique kicks and a few elbows. Cormier blocked every head kick an dominated the clinch imo. I don't know why defending takedowns and a single brief takedown gets Jones rounds 1,2,3 when in terms of aggression and effective striking I think Cormier was much more effective until he gassed. Cormier was ahead on headstrikes at the beginning of round 4 and the total strikes were close mostly due to ineffective and blocked kicks from Bones.

It was a grueling fight and Bones deserves credit for on the whole for matching Comier's wrestling, however I think the judges seem to award more points for flashy strikes at distance rather than Cormier's strikes in the clinch which I think were actually more plentiful and effective than anything Bones did rnds 1,2,3.

Which is irrelevant, considering it was a fight defined and dominated by grappling, where Jones had a decisive advantage.

yeah cormier definitely won. jones kept cheating with that reach all night and swayed the dumb judges. i can't wait until dana fixes it.

Which is irrelevant, considering it was a fight defined and dominated by grappling, where Jones had a decisive advantage.

Who decides when we abandon strikes and we concentrate on "grappling" only. Are you high ? Is this Metamoris ? Was DC shut down ?

Funny that Goldie said DC has hard time finding the reach, DC had really nice shot from the start and another funny was that both fighters have dominated every fight so far, Jones did not dominate Gus...that

He was certainly ahead on strikes after the bell.

Funny that Goldie said DC has hard time finding the reach, DC had really nice shot from the start and another funny was that both fighters have dominated every fight so far, Jones did not dominate Gus...that

Jones won round 1,4,5. Cormier won the 2nd, and 3rd was a toss up. Something like that

A 25 minute fight defined by three minutes of grappling?

Yeah, because the fights should be used based on the strike counter lol are you even serious?

Back