Washington Post article alleges CTE star a fraud or incompetent

SandaKicker

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/sports/cte-bennet-omalu/

“Across the brain science community there is wide consensus on one thing: Omalu, the man considered by many the public face of CTE research, routinely exaggerates his accomplishments and dramatically overstates the known risks of CTE and contact sports, fuelling misconceptions about the disease”

“Omalu has often used the phrase tested positive for CTE implying the diagnostic process is black and white, akin to a pregnancy test. In reality, diagnosing CTE is far more complicated, more like looking out into a starry night and spotting a constellation.”

“It (Mike Webster autopsy) was as if Omalu claimed to have discovered a rare species of bird and then as proof published a paper that included only a few close-up images of the beak”

Omalu picked the wrong images because he “wasn’t any kind of expert” - Peter Davies Neuropathologist and previous Omalu co worker.

There is at least one neurologist standing behind Omalu. He was told what the diagnosis was and didn't invent it himself. Regardless of any other consideration, he believes what his neurologist tells him the same way I do mine.

Everyone’s one concussion away from murdering two people for spilling a drink on you at the club.
Everyone knows that’s, it’s Science.

Kill the Messenger, sponsored by the NFL and WME

Kill the Messenger, sponsored by the NFL and WME
The NFL is out there pushing a physics-defying conspiracy theory that helmets can be designed to prevent concussions in a significant way.

They should have lost their tax exempt status after it came out they suppressed medical evidence.

“Across the brain science community there is wide consensus on one thing: Omalu, the man considered by many the public face of CTE research, routinely exaggerates his accomplishments and dramatically overstates the known risks of CTE and contact sports, fuelling misconceptions about the disease”

I smell a bunch of neuroscientists who know they need to kick back after a long week and watch some football every Sunday. /s

Back