Washing your belt?

Leon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you guys wash your belt after training? I did until my trainer told me that NOBODY washes a belt after training.

I think it's nasty because there's sweat and whatever on the belt.

I am not training right now, but I think I'll continue to wash my belt because I think it's really nasty to have a stinky belt.

What do you guys think?

I wash my belt. However, I don't wash it as much as the Gi. It seems the belt takes a lot longer to dry so I only wash it when I know I won't be at class for 2 or 3 days.

I have multiple belts. I hand wash them in a clean bucket with a bit of oxy clean and then let them air dry - if one is wet, I grab the other - rotate through them. I don't look hardcore because my belt is beat to hell but I'm not really concerned with that.

ohlook.jpg

Dude...seriously...

I usually do once every two times I train, or if the belt is especially bad that day. My belt is fading like crazy though. Not sure that it's going to last me two years until my next promotion.

My belt got shorter,too. At least 5 cm. But I prefer washing it and buying a new one when it gets too short.

I try to wash it every time. Think about the poor guy whos face is getting mashed against a nasty dirty belt.

Why do you wash your Gi?
- It's dirty
- It stinks
- It's covered in, sweat, blood, bacteria, everything else from the gym floor, etc

How do you manage to get all that crap on your Gi but not on your belt?

WASH YOUR BELT

never.

But then again I only train with the gi like half the time

never

it washes away your knowledge of jiu jitsu

Back