Washing the jiu jitsu gi?

go in with Mizuno come out with Golden Tiger lol... Seriously there are places that do embroidery on the gi for you, Ki-International does and I'm sure a few others do.
Embroidery on Karate or Judo uniform's Lapel & Pants (Japanese style) :: Embroidery services :: KI International Corporation

That one is only lapel or pants, does anyone know how you can have it like Royler or Renzo? like have their names on the lower front part of the gi?

btw, I wash my gi like once or twice a month only~ don think it's smells though, my sweat don stink like most guys~ the only thing that kind of smells is my rash guard.

I have 1 gi because I'm poor.

I also hang dry my gi after I wash it.

I go to class 6 days a week. Twice on tuesday/thursday.

Are you telling me I can't skip 1 or 2 days because someone is being overly sensitive about an unclean gi?

I wash it after 3 training sessions, and hang dry it after every practice. Never had any skin issues or odour problem..

Are you telling me I can't skip 1 or 2 days because someone is being overly sensitive about an unclean gi?

no you can't skip one of 2 days.. and its not being overly sensitive.. its being clean.. no one wants to get some kind of skin rash or some kind of skin infection or fungus because you don't feel like washing your gi everyday.

You should be able to afford to buy another gi. They are not that expensive. You can get low end gis for close to $50, and you can get a solid HCK with shipping included for about $75.

I never understand how people can complain about being so poor all the time, yet they somehow still find the time to train 8x a week. If you are really so poor that you cannot even afford a second low end gi for basic hygiene purposes, maybe you should train 4x a week and WORK AT A JOB 4x a week.

Real poor people don't have the luxury of training martial arts 8x a week. You're not poor; you're just being dirty here.

You should be able to afford to buy another gi. They are not that expensive. You can get low end gis for close to $50, and you can get a solid HCK with shipping included for about $75.

I never understand how people can complain about being so poor all the time, yet they somehow still find the time to train 8x a week. If you are really so poor that you cannot even afford a second low end gi for basic hygiene purposes, maybe you should train 4x a week and WORK AT A JOB 4x a week.

Real poor people don't have the luxury of training martial arts 8x a week. You're not poor; you're just being dirty here.

Amen. To be extra harsh $50 is like 10 hours work at minimum wage. Poor is not being able to pay an electric bill or heating bill. Poor is not living at Mom's house training 10 times a week.

I have three gi's so I never ever have to train in a dirty one, and I really wish everyone else did as well.
I'm paranoid as fuck about hygiene on the mats, and it didn't get better after seeing the randleman staph pics, heh.
Compared to the cost of training, the cost of an extra gi or two is pretty much negligible.
Then consider the risk of skin infections and it should be a no-brainer.
Don't be that smelly dude in class that noone wants to roll with.

I wash it after 3 training sessions, and hang dry it after every practice. Never had any skin issues or odour problem..

People get used to their own stench, but others don't spend all day smelling you, i.e you're unpleasant to be around because you stink. You are also lazy, and even though you are poor and cant afford more than 1 gi, make an effort and come to each class clean. It's not as if you're busy.

stink=disease

p.s if you weren't so lazy, you'd be employed and buying a few gis would be no problem.

You stinky disease spreader.

Do you really wash your belt?

Have any of you guys been to Brazil to train? I went to the Gracie Camp in Barra. I trained 2-3 x per day.(Mon-Fri) I was there for 3 weeks I washed my gi 3 times. It was pretty gross. I wash my gi but not my belt.

Just let your belt have some fresh air after practice.

I notice a hockey player in your avatar. I never washed my gear when I played hockey.

Do you really wash your belt?

Have any of you guys been to Brazil to train? I went to the Gracie Camp in Barra. I trained 2-3 x per day.(Mon-Fri) I was there for 3 weeks I washed my gi 3 times. It was pretty gross. I wash my gi but not my belt.

Just let your belt have some fresh air after practice.

I notice a hockey player in your avatar. I never washed my gear when I played hockey.

Of course I wash my belt, I put all my gear in the washing machine after every session.

If you're anything above white belt, don't worry about it fading, people know to be cautious with faded belts. Especially the grey belts.

And just like a gi, buy a few belts, so that you can get a wash and dry cycle going, that way you can always be in class clean and dry.

Back